23May2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories The Smashing Pumpkins / Billy Corgan General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120683

Do you guys know if the version of "Slunk" on the Pisces Iscariot reissue bonus CD is the same as the version on Earphoria? Also, is the version of "Plume" on Trippin' Through the Stars the same as the version Billy put on the Pisces Iscariot reissue?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120684

  • JonnyDaycase
  • JonnyDaycase's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
  • Posts: 941
Well I've just listened to both Slunk's and they are the same recording from the Japanese television show. The PI one is obviously re-mastered (remixed maybe? the drums sound brighter and everything is clearer but maybe thats just the remaster).

There's a different Plume on PI? I can't find it?
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120687

JonnyDaycase wrote:
Well I've just listened to both Slunk's and they are the same recording from the Japanese television show. The PI one is obviously re-mastered (remixed maybe? the drums sound brighter and everything is clearer but maybe thats just the remaster).

There's a different Plume on PI? I can't find it?

Yeah, I thought for sure that it was the same version of "Slunk". I just wanted a second set of ears to verify.

In regards to "Plume", the version that is on the remastered version of Pisces Iscariot is different from the original verision. (Billy did this on purpose.) With that in mind, I think the version found on Trippin' Through the Stars is the same as the one found on the Pisces reissue. Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120690

  • JonnyDaycase
  • JonnyDaycase's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
  • Posts: 941
superchrist wrote:
JonnyDaycase wrote:
Well I've just listened to both Slunk's and they are the same recording from the Japanese television show. The PI one is obviously re-mastered (remixed maybe? the drums sound brighter and everything is clearer but maybe thats just the remaster).

There's a different Plume on PI? I can't find it?

Yeah, I thought for sure that it was the same version of "Slunk". I just wanted a second set of ears to verify.

In regards to "Plume", the version that is on the remastered version of Pisces Iscariot is different from the original verision. (Billy did this on purpose.) With that in mind, I think the version found on Trippin' Through the Stars is the same as the one found on the Pisces reissue. Thoughts?

Is Trippin' Through the Stars the name of the Gish bonus disc? I had to google it! I never knew it even had a name!

In regards to Plume, all the versions sound pretty similar to me. The re-issue version has a tiny tape sound at the beginning of the track and is louder (especially the drums) but im struggling to find any major differences...
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120692

JonnyDaycase wrote:
superchrist wrote:
JonnyDaycase wrote:
Well I've just listened to both Slunk's and they are the same recording from the Japanese television show. The PI one is obviously re-mastered (remixed maybe? the drums sound brighter and everything is clearer but maybe thats just the remaster).

There's a different Plume on PI? I can't find it?

Yeah, I thought for sure that it was the same version of "Slunk". I just wanted a second set of ears to verify.

In regards to "Plume", the version that is on the remastered version of Pisces Iscariot is different from the original verision. (Billy did this on purpose.) With that in mind, I think the version found on Trippin' Through the Stars is the same as the one found on the Pisces reissue. Thoughts?

Is Trippin' Through the Stars the name of the Gish bonus disc? I had to google it! I never knew it even had a name!

In regards to Plume, all the versions sound pretty similar to me. The re-issue version has a tiny tape sound at the beginning of the track and is louder (especially the drums) but im struggling to find any major differences...

Yeah, Trippin' Through the Stars is the name of the bonus disc that comes with the Gish reissue. (Lollipop Fun Time is the name of the Siamese Dream bonus disc.) I'm going to see if I can find a quote about the different version of "Plume" on the Pisces Iscariot reissue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120694

  • JonnyDaycase
  • JonnyDaycase's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
  • Posts: 941
superchrist wrote:
JonnyDaycase wrote:
superchrist wrote:
JonnyDaycase wrote:
Well I've just listened to both Slunk's and they are the same recording from the Japanese television show. The PI one is obviously re-mastered (remixed maybe? the drums sound brighter and everything is clearer but maybe thats just the remaster).

There's a different Plume on PI? I can't find it?

Yeah, I thought for sure that it was the same version of "Slunk". I just wanted a second set of ears to verify.

In regards to "Plume", the version that is on the remastered version of Pisces Iscariot is different from the original verision. (Billy did this on purpose.) With that in mind, I think the version found on Trippin' Through the Stars is the same as the one found on the Pisces reissue. Thoughts?

Is Trippin' Through the Stars the name of the Gish bonus disc? I had to google it! I never knew it even had a name!

In regards to Plume, all the versions sound pretty similar to me. The re-issue version has a tiny tape sound at the beginning of the track and is louder (especially the drums) but im struggling to find any major differences...

Yeah, Trippin' Through the Stars is the name of the bonus disc that comes with the Gish reissue. (Lollipop Fun Time is the name of the Siamese Dream bonus disc.) I'm going to see if I can find a quote about the different version of "Plume" on the Pisces Iscariot reissue.

How do you know thats the names? I cant find any mention of these names anywhere!
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120695

JonnyDaycase wrote:
superchrist wrote:
JonnyDaycase wrote:
superchrist wrote:
JonnyDaycase wrote:
Well I've just listened to both Slunk's and they are the same recording from the Japanese television show. The PI one is obviously re-mastered (remixed maybe? the drums sound brighter and everything is clearer but maybe thats just the remaster).

There's a different Plume on PI? I can't find it?

Yeah, I thought for sure that it was the same version of "Slunk". I just wanted a second set of ears to verify.

In regards to "Plume", the version that is on the remastered version of Pisces Iscariot is different from the original verision. (Billy did this on purpose.) With that in mind, I think the version found on Trippin' Through the Stars is the same as the one found on the Pisces reissue. Thoughts?

Is Trippin' Through the Stars the name of the Gish bonus disc? I had to google it! I never knew it even had a name!

In regards to Plume, all the versions sound pretty similar to me. The re-issue version has a tiny tape sound at the beginning of the track and is louder (especially the drums) but im struggling to find any major differences...

Yeah, Trippin' Through the Stars is the name of the bonus disc that comes with the Gish reissue. (Lollipop Fun Time is the name of the Siamese Dream bonus disc.) I'm going to see if I can find a quote about the different version of "Plume" on the Pisces Iscariot reissue.

How do you know thats the names? I cant find any mention of these names anywhere!

This is taken from Wikipedia:

"A number of problems were reported with the deluxe release, including it mistakenly using of a different vocal take of "Plume" which was later corrected on digital retail versions of the album, and a several digital glitches found throughout the audio on both discs which were not found on the original release."

Here's an example of where to find the names. Look above the tracklisting of disc 2:
spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=IMGVIEW&item=12361
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by superchrist.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120697

  • JonnyDaycase
  • JonnyDaycase's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
  • Posts: 941
Interesting! Never knew that!

I threw away my info sleeve things so i must have missed that!
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120720

  • DON
  • DON's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
  • Posts: 6055
The Plume take on the Pisces reissue is another one.
Billy even stated that in an interview.
Makes me mad, you don't fuck with history :upset
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: epitome

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120723

DON wrote:
The Plume take on the Pisces reissue is another one.
Billy even stated that in an interview.
Makes me mad, you don't fuck with history :upset

Yeah, I remember reading or seeing that. Do you know which interview that was? What I'm trying to figure out is if the "Plume (2011 Mix)" from the Gish reissue bonus disc is what they put on the Pisces Iscariot reissue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120732

  • DON
  • DON's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
  • Posts: 6055
They put the original take on the Gish bonus disc as far as I know but sorry mate, I wasn't able to find the interview.
Billy said something like the other take that made the reissue was more "like it".
Bullshit!
You don't do that to classic albums!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120844

Which re-issue is Space Jam most likely to be on? I guess as it wasn't on MCIS or TAFH it will hopefully be on Adore?
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120854

  • glass
  • glass's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Disconnected
  • Posts: 1363
epitome wrote:
Which re-issue is Space Jam most likely to be on? I guess as it wasn't on MCIS or TAFH it will hopefully be on Adore?
It is more likely on the Machina reissue. It was played once during Arising tour.
Destroy the mind - destroy the body - but you cannot destroy the heart
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120857

I thought it was played just before Adore. Oops. OK, well I'm looking forward to it, thanks for the correction :)
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120859

  • frankB
  • frankB's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Ghostface
  • Posts: 5259
Yeah it was teased once during the arising tour, but the brink of it was 95 - 97, usually as part of Silverfuck. I doubt we'll see it at all. Maybe never existed in the studio.

EDIT: Just checked it out on spfc.org. It WAS recorded and can be heard in Pistachio Medley 1:41 - 1:57 formerly mislabeled as Zoom.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by frankB.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120860

I thought they'd just stick a live version of it on. I'd definitely prefer that to the several barely different alternate versions they'll probably use.
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120861

If it was sometimes played as part of Silverfuck, maybe it will be in that 30+ minute version on the TAFH bonus discs then...
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120868

I still haven't figured out if the "Plume (2011 Mix)" on the Gish reissue bonus disc is the version that they "accidently" put on the Pisces Iscariot reissue. Apparently they corrected this issue, though?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120871

  • glass
  • glass's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Disconnected
  • Posts: 1363
superchrist wrote:
I still haven't figured out if the "Plume (2011 Mix)" on the Gish reissue bonus disc is the version that they "accidently" put on the Pisces Iscariot reissue.
They are two different versions.
Destroy the mind - destroy the body - but you cannot destroy the heart
The administrator has disabled public write access.

General Question(s) Regarding the Reissues 4 years 11 months ago #120876

glass wrote:
superchrist wrote:
I still haven't figured out if the "Plume (2011 Mix)" on the Gish reissue bonus disc is the version that they "accidently" put on the Pisces Iscariot reissue.
They are two different versions.

It's not that I'm doubting you, but how sure are you? I can't hear a difference. :confused I'll listen to the two again back-to-back when I get home.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Online

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 142 | Members List

Search