20September2018

ThePumpkins.net

• Page:

TOPIC: Machina Reissue

Machina Reissue 3 years 8 months ago #127212

I figured the time has come to start a topic for the infamous Machina reissue. Based on the opinions of the members of this forum, I think it's safe to say that this reissue is the one we have been looking forward to the most. Obviously we will see its release sometime in 2015. Any guesses on when it will be released? Based on the pattern of previous reissues, I'm betting that it will be released in July. (Hopefully.)

I think it's going to be tough for Billy to screw this one up. There's so much quality material from this era, that anything he puts on the reissue will be met with excitement. Obviously there will be stuff included that has already been bootlegged, but it will be nice to have the material in better quality, for sure. Any guesses on what will be included?

Acoustic Demos
"Pale Scales"
Final 2000 Metro Show on DVD
VH1 Storytellers

We already know that the two albums will be remixed and joined together for the first time. It will certainly be interesting to see what the tracklisting was originally supposed to be.

:darcy :billy :jimmy :james
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Machina Reissue 3 years 8 months ago #127213

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
The only thing I want is Machina 2 songs at Machina 1 production quality. And the album shuffle should be interesting.

But I wouldn't expect it until late next year. BC is working on Day For Night as well as touring.

He's a slow cunt
The following user(s) said Thank You: epitome

Machina Reissue 3 years 8 months ago #127214

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
Billy said something about re-recording and adding sections of the MACHINA double album he had in mind ever since :(
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me but rather like a distortion of history, given what output he lately had had.
The proper tracklist of the double and a MACHINA II remaster in the vein of MACHINA I would do it for me.
Maybe some unheard outtakes too, but we most likely have to wait for that nebulous thief to strike back at SP's archive after the box set is already out and filled with useless alt versions and instrumentals instead of the unheard songs we were waiting for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: epitome, frankB

Machina Reissue 3 years 8 months ago #127215

Yeah, having Machina 2 tracks at Machina 1 quality production would be awesome. The final Metro show is also a must!

On the packaging/artwork/liner notes front, I'd like to have the whole glass/machines of god “fable” as some kind of mini book. What made the whole era so rich was the thought and imagination that Billy put into the story behind all the songs. Perhaps inclusion of the GATMOG animated series too, would be cool. In fact, I think for one of the discs Billy wants to do a pretend Machines of God live concert (the fictional/alter ego band) complete with simulated crowd noise, etc. That’d be interesting.

Machina Reissue 3 years 8 months ago #127272

I've always stated that Machina would likely have been my favorite Pumpkins album, were it put out as intended. So many quality tracks between the two (and subsequent bsides). I would certainly rank the following amongst the best Pumpkins tracks:

-Stand Inside Your Love
-Speed Kills
-Let Me Give The World To You
-Home
-I of the Mourning
-Try, Try, Try (alt)
-Slow Dawn
-Age of Innocence
-This Time
-The Crying Tree Of Mercury

I really would like for Billy to finally get his dues for Machina, Zwan, the Chicago Songs and the 'better' live only & unreleased material from 2007-2008. Guy has a big mouth, but he does kind of have a point. He has always been prolific as hell, but doesn't always make the best artistic decisions (and in the case of Machina, it was allegedly Virgin's fault).

Machina Reissue 3 years 7 months ago #127623

Here is the release schedule of the reissues released thus far:

Gish - November 29, 2011
Siamese Dream - November 29, 2011
Pisces Iscariot - July 17, 2012 (*231 days since Gish and Siamese Dream.)
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - December 4, 2012 (*140 days since Pisces Iscariot.)
The Aeroplane Flies High - July 26, 2013 (*234 days since Mellon Collie.)
Adore - September 23, 2014 (*424 days since The Aeroplane Flies High.)

Based on the release history, I would venture to guess that we should see the Machina reissue pop up before November of this year. However, Day for Night, or whatever it is called now, is slated for a fall release, so we might get it sooner than we think.

When you look at the mathematical aspect of the release history, the reissue could come out anywhere between now through November 24th. If I were to bet, though, I'd say it will come out on or around June 9th.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by superchrist.

Machina Reissue 3 years 7 months ago #127624

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
I'll wager a bet and say it comes out December 2016

Machina Reissue 3 years 7 months ago #127627

• DON
  • Die
This is DON'S overused line of this month, but:
What the ass is wrong with Billy?

Machina Reissue 3 years 7 months ago #127654

I genuinely hope this is the grandest of all the reissues. Mellon Collie sized with even more discs, and tons of artwork.

2 discs for the album proper
1 disc of the cut/ circulating stuff
1 disc of Home Demos
1 disc of Band Demos/ Rehearsals
1 disc of unreleased alt. takes/ outtakes
1 disc compilation of live stuff through the 2000 tour.
1 DVD of a show from the Arising! Tour

+ separately, a DVD/ Bluray release of the Final Metro Show.

There's so much content from this era that it would be absolutely sublime to have it presented in a gargantuan form.

Machina Reissue 3 years 2 months ago #128255

Billy mentioned in a previous VIP Q&A that legality issues are holding up the reissue. I hope that it gets sorted out soon, and that it will still be released this year.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by superchrist.

Machina Reissue 3 years 2 months ago #128259

• DON
  • Die
These legal issues also better be the reason for holding back the proper double album track list for the last 15 years...

Machina Reissue 2 years 11 months ago #128620

I can't wait for the Machina re-issue, so we can get back to saying something positive about the Pumpkins. Maybe even get a little excited about the music again. Today I dug out my 15-year-old copy of the Machina CD. Its booklet creased and torn, like some ancient document. Looking through those alchemical etchings by Vasily Kafanov I remembered how conceptually rich that period was for Billy. Not only were the songs themselves impressive, the artwork and the story behind them spoke of cosmic and mysterious things. I've also been re-learning some of the Machina songs on guitar. They're nice to play.

Machina Reissue 2 years 9 months ago #128832

superchrist wrote:

Gish - November 29, 2011
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - December 4, 2012 (*140 days since Pisces Iscariot.)

Based on the release history, I would venture to guess that we should see the Machina reissue pop up before November of this year. However, Day for Night, or whatever it is called now, is slated for a fall release, so we might get it sooner than we think.

When you look at the mathematical aspect of the release history, the reissue could come out anywhere between now through November 24th. If I were to bet, though, I'd say it will come out on or around June 9th.

Looks like I was wrong about the Machina reissue coming out tomorrow. It has been 426 days since The Aeroplane Flies High reissue was released.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by superchrist.

Machina Reissue 2 years 9 months ago #128834

• glass
  • Disconnected
superchrist wrote:
superchrist wrote:

Gish - November 29, 2011

Looks like I was wrong about the Machina reissue coming out tomorrow. It has been 426 days since The Aeroplane Flies High reissue was released.

You are forgiven. It's impossible to predict something about BC/TSP.
Destroy the mind - destroy the body - but you cannot destroy the heart
The following user(s) said Thank You: DON

Machina Reissue 2 years 8 months ago #128914

i'm back people! thanks for the big welcome. so, which company did bill say is fucking around with the machina reissue?

i might have to sort them out today.

Machina Reissue 9 months 3 weeks ago #129516

Is this ever happening! The Adore reissue was over 2 years ago! Anybody seen any news?

Machina Reissue 9 months 3 weeks ago #129517

• glass
  • Disconnected
I don't know. Adore reissue is already 3 years old...
Destroy the mind - destroy the body - but you cannot destroy the heart
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by glass.

Machina Reissue 9 months 3 weeks ago #129519

• DON
  • Die
They started the reissues to finish off the entire project in a final and finished Machina double album; the double album we're all waiting for ever since 2000.
And it seems like the entire project was stoped just before Machina...oh, the irony...
Then again it's Billy, he usually changes his mind on anything all the time, so maybe we're lucky he never touched Machina again and felt like the only way to finalize it is re-recording everything or to let Paul Rodgers do the vocals because the lizard people and George W Bush told him so.

Machina Reissue 9 months 2 weeks ago #129520

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Someone asked him about Zwan reissues in a recent interview and Billy said not until Machina issues are done and they're still tied up in legal disputes with the record company over them.

Machina Reissue 9 months 2 weeks ago #129521

• DON
  • Die
So Virgin records is desperately holding back Machina all of a sudden - an album they disliked so much that they wouldn't distribute Machina 2 back in 2000.
Arseholes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 140 | Members List

Search