18January2020

ThePumpkins.net

TOPIC: Devi Ever

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95470

I'm more on his side now that I saw her original posts. No wonder he got pissed.

Still, he shouldn't care what others think, and truly should have spoken a bit more gracefully.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95475

• dreamelectric
  • Die
  • When your life is so so dreary, dream..electric
Eye wrote:
dreamelectric wrote:
Wow. He really needs to chilllll.
No kidding. Every so often, he seems to put his foot in his mouth. I think he needs to take a step back from Twitter and Facebook, as he seems to get really worked up in those settings.

I like others tend to try to divorce the actions from the music for the most though. Otherwise sometimes I wouldn't be able to stand listening to the music :p.

To be honest, the world needs to back off from Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95518

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that after reading all the posts by both of them, I'm behind billy on this one.
I agree with quite a lot of what he said.
Your strength is my weakness, your weakness my hate
My love for you just can't explain
Why we're forever frozen, forever beautiful
Forever lost inside ourselves

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95522

• ryon
  • Die
  • Bizarro Rebecca Black
pierowmaniac wrote:
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that after reading all the posts by both of them, I'm behind billy on this one.

All fans are entitled to their opinions, and Ever was just expressing her own. Imagine if every time you said something negative on here Billy called you an "ugly pig". Corgan should not have even drawn any attention to the Netphoria post. And Ever had a lot of great points in her post.
Chewbacca masks!

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95523

• Audio Zen
  • Hell Bent for Hell
  • Got Drums!
ryon wrote:
pierowmaniac wrote:

All fans are entitled to their opinions, and Ever was just expressing her own. Imagine if every time you said something negative on here Billy called you an "ugly pig". Corgan should not have even drawn any attention to the Netphoria post. And Ever had a lot of great points in her post.

Disagree. Ever was more that just a fan "expressing an opinion." She was involved with Billy at a professional level, it was business, not just a fan ranting. That is why he want all "I will financially ruin you" on her. It is an attack on his business dealings, which is his livelihood, but I don't think Ever thought about it enough to recognize the difference. He then attacked her business only after she attacked his. You and I are incapable of attacking Billy in that way because we are not engaged in a business relationship with him. We can say what we want, but it carries no weight.

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95529

• ryon
  • Die
  • Bizarro Rebecca Black
Audio Zen wrote:
ryon wrote:
pierowmaniac wrote:

Disagree. Ever was more that just a fan "expressing an opinion." She was involved with Billy at a professional level, it was business, not just a fan ranting. That is why he want all "I will financially ruin you" on her. It is an attack on his business dealings, which is his livelihood, but I don't think Ever thought about it enough to recognize the difference. He then attacked her business only after she attacked his. You and I are incapable of attacking Billy in that way because we are not engaged in a business relationship with him. We can say what we want, but it carries no weight.

Hmmmmm..... Those are some valid points indeed.
Chewbacca masks!

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95539

• Strayz1
  • Dummy Tum Tummy
  • Wish at 11:11
I think Billy's coming out of this stronger by not making any public comments on it.
Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95540

• dreamelectric
  • Die
Strayz1 wrote:
I think Billy's coming out of this stronger by not making any public comments on it.

And deleting his Twitter posts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strayz1

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95593

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
dreamelectric wrote:
Strayz1 wrote:

Yeah that does help haha
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95608

• dreamelectric
  • Die
kjrain12 wrote:
dreamelectric wrote:
Strayz1 wrote:

Yeah that does help haha

That or he is just deleting the evidence.

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95625

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
dreamelectric wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
dreamelectric wrote:
Strayz1 wrote:

Yeah that does help haha

Seriously, Billy is just like the Party in 1984.

"NOTHING NEGATIVE EVER HAPPENED. OCEANIA IS AT WAR WITH EURASIA, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN."

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95683

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
dreamelectric wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
dreamelectric wrote:
Strayz1 wrote:

Yeah that does help haha

Yeah, which is why it helps :p
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95892

• Dandy Jon
  • The Demon
  • Walking With Zombies
So much drama in the world of Billy
Stop Crying Like Whitney Houston Looking For a Crack Pipe

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95939

Her post in the Open Letters section of the O-board (you know, the section where nobody can reply to topics).

"internet drama is silly. There are more important things to do with your life, my life, billy's life. Hug someone you love. Go enjoy a beautiful day. Write some music about your troubles. Do something daring you never thought you were capable of. Yesterday I hiked over a gigantic log jam and then swam through freezing water to see the lower Oneonta Falls...

... it was an incredible experience... got over a lot of fears that day... felt so invigorated and alive... and got me to thinking...

... the day I originally posted here.... instead of being a whiny bitch on Netphoria I should have gone for a hike, cooled off, then spoken with Billy privately about my disappointments with his reactions / non-reaction to my pedals over the years, but I still don't think that excuses Billy for going as far as he did in retaliation, and I'd still greatly appreciate if Billy apologized via Twitter, and perhaps donate to a trans-rights organization such www.transequality.org/ to make up for his hate speech and associated threats of trans-related-violence he wrote about in 2005 as well as his recent tirade.

That's all.

-devi
8.30.11"

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95940

• dreamelectric
  • Die
She wants Billy to donate money? Uhhh okkk...

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95951

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
YOU FUCKING UGLY PIG!...here's two hundred bucks towards your organization, cause I'm just a nice guy like that. - Billy Corgan

:thumbsup

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95958

• dreamelectric
  • Die
:billy :
I WILL FINANCIALLY RUIN YOUR *INSERT CHARITY HERE*

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #95967

Sounds like she's suddenly trying to take the upper hand and sound more reasonable, to try and make Billy look worse and pressure him into donating money. I can see through that a mile off, I hope everyone else can.
Preparation for detonation...
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankB

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #96003

this has sent me over the edge. i can no longer be a part of a forum that is a tribute to such a miserable human being, who at one time was a true musical genius. billy corgan, you are a miserable, stupid, selfish, egotistical cunt. as much as i dont like devi, she is 100% in the right, an apology would not be adequate from billy. nothing can cover the fact that he is a horrible creature. epitome, you are being pretty shitty in saying that devi is blowing this out of proportion. what billy did is unacceptable and devi's response was nothing short of appropriate. and this is coming from someone who hates the way devi injects herself into internet drama.

goodbye everyone. maybe someday i will meet some of you in the real world. murder, can you delete my account?
I might like you better if we slept together
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Teej212.

Re: Devi Ever 8 years 4 months ago #96008

I didn't say she was blowing it out of proportion. I said she was wording it in a way to pressure Billy into donating money. Or maybe money is the answer to making up for cruel words?
Preparation for detonation...
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 66 | Members List

Search