19January2020

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories Craft and Creativity Guitar with two outputs.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Guitar with two outputs.

Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44217

I'm quite interested in the weird and wonderful ways of making music, so you could imagine the awe I was in when I read this article on Wikipedia.

The idea of having two sets of strings, one of them floating above the others creating natural resonance intrigued me the most.

The whole thing about having different outputs for different pickups intrigued me just about as much.

I have a similar idea, which involves the switch on the guitar. BAsically, the switch controls which pickup is being used, and on some guitars with two pickups, when the switch is in the middle, it picks up from both of them.

But how about having TWO outputs, each one connected to the two pickups, so then when you get to recording, you have the tone of one of the pickups on one track, and the other pickup to the other track?

Whaddaya think guys?

:overjoyed

Dance, Billy, dance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44226

• i_am_juan
  • Space Jam
  • Improvisation - do what you want, as long as it works.
That sounds like a pretty neat idea, two seperate tracks with different pick-up sounds instead of one, both-in-one or the other.
You could be on to something there, patent it FAST! lol ... never know may have already been done.

With the two sets of strings on top of each other, are you meaning a 12 string guitar or something a little different? Check out the Gibson Harp-Guitar, James has one in the Tonight, Tonight vid/poster, very cool thing from the start of last century, it has both a harp and acoustic guitar on the one body.
Search for the Yeti ... - James Iha on Siamese Dream

www.myspace.com/joellange

Re:Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44254

interesting

Re:Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44264

Jimmy Page played a Harp Guitar.
:)
"I am your personal Heavy Metal Machine" BC, 8.17.8 Raleigh, NC

Re:Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44271

Click the link, i_am_juan. It explains it better than I can.

Yeah, I had a look at some other types of modded guitars after seeing that.

It is possibly most similar to a harp guitar, except the extra strings resonate and give a natural reverb, you don't actually play them though. It's like a cross between a harp guitar and a sitar.

I think I'm gonna take my guitar into school on Tuesday (not Monday, it's the Queen's Birthday weekend at the moment) and show the electronics teacher there, he could help me out a lot I think.

Doing a little project like this would be about as easy for him as basic algebra is for me.

Dance, Billy, dance.

Re:Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44272

Well, well, well, that Yuri Landman gets around on the Wikipedia articles, doesn't he?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-string_guita...seven-string_guitars

Found that when I was looking at the seven-string guitar article.

Dance, Billy, dance.

Re:Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44422

Dad and I have been having a squizz at the inside of the guitar, and figured out a circuit diagram. He's pretty handy with this sort of shit.

Dance, Billy, dance.

Re:Guitar with two outputs. 11 years 7 months ago #44423

Dad and I have been having a squizz at the inside of the guitar, and figured out a circuit diagram. He's pretty handy with this sort of shit.

For some reason, editing the post won't let me try and upload the picture again, so I'll just post again.

I had to take a photo of it, because it came out so bright on the scanner that you couldn't see anything.

Dance, Billy, dance.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 30 | Members List

Search