ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories Craft and Creativity 8 Track Recordings
  • Page:

TOPIC: 8 Track Recordings

8 Track Recordings 11 years 4 months ago #51892

• EasternMind
  • Rock Me
  • Smiley where have you been?
Well, I've been researching many different kinds of simple "8 track" like recorders (digital, etc.) for recordings demos and such in high quality.

One that I stumbled upon that seems particularly good for its cost is the "Fostex MR8 Digital 8-Track."

I wanted to know if any of you record your own demos, and if so, what you have? What do you think is a good deal? And, is this Fostex worth buying?

I'm not into spending a lot of money, though I do realize that sometimes a good sound comes with more money... But, are there any good bargains out there to hold me over?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:8 Track Recordings 11 years 4 months ago #51893

• EasternMind
  • Rock Me
Oh! And the other reason why I wanted to bring this up, is because I have wondered if anyone knows what kind of simple recorder Billy used over the years? I've read numerous times now about his infamous "8 track," and that's sort of the idea behind what I'm looking for:

An instantaneous method for recording in good quality. I mean, weren't those what the Adore Demos II were recorded with?

Re:8 Track Recordings 11 years 4 months ago #51903

• Rivers Cuomo
  • Make It Fungus
  • Rivers Cuomo is not I am laughing out loud.
Use a computer?

I think the charm of the whole 'sit down with an acoustic and an 8-track' can be misleading sometimes. Sure, they work well, but in my experience a computer is a lot easier to work with. It depends on what you're recording. It's great for simple demos, but as soon as you start getting complicated, it gets tougher.

I don't think you'd be wasting money, but I think it might be better spent on a good computer face and mixing software. That's just me though.

Re:8 Track Recordings 11 years 4 months ago #51904

if its just acoustic, go with just a computer for sure. it gets the job done. i don't exactly what it was called because its in storage now but i used to use a blue snowball microphone for bigger recordings and that was decently cheap.
"The impossible is possible tonight!"
"Love is suicide!"

Re:8 Track Recordings 11 years 4 months ago #52070

• EasternMind
  • Rock Me
Ah, I see. Well I've been using a computer right now, and it is great for mixing purposes. Very fast and easy.

So, I guess I just need to find a better mic! My current one is literally from GoodWill!

Yeah, time for an upgrade. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 88 | Members List

Search