18January2020

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories Craft and Creativity Plug your band and MP3's

TOPIC: Plug your band and MP3's

Re: Plug your band and MP3's 8 years 5 months ago #93279

• pinata89
  • The Groover
martinrivers.com/mixing/the_moonside_project/

Above is a directory to some demo work from one of my band's. Not really my particular style of music, but it's always nice to be part of the creative process of producing original shit.

Thanks for listening, if you get that far.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Plug your band and MP3's 8 years 5 months ago #93282

• pinata89
  • The Groover
martinrivers.com/mp3/y2011-07-22/05%20th...eyes%20of%20ruby.mp3

Here's a version of "Ruby" me and my other band played out a few weeks ago. Please disregard the fuckups (there were quite a few), and the totally unnecessary flange. But it was fun to play.

I'm playing lead guitar and singing.

Re: Plug your band and MP3's 8 years 5 months ago #93311

• JonnyDaycase
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
soundcloud.com/effluence/tracks

not my band. but my brothers. these are genuinly one of my favorite bands ever. just because of how insane the songs are. so much energy. and even better live. make sure to check out "Little Shepherd". it was recorded as a bonus track just using one mic for the instruments and one mic for vocals. its amazing. i hope you enjoy! EFFLUENCE
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.

Re: Plug your band and MP3's 8 years 5 months ago #93334

venison wrote:
oh you so manly in your pink shirt. me hunger for some manly pink shirt chest! :D

:confused
I might like you better if we slept together

Re: Plug your band and MP3's 8 years 5 months ago #93352

• pinata89
  • The Groover
JonnyDaycase wrote:
soundcloud.com/effluence/tracks

not my band. but my brothers. these are genuinly one of my favorite bands ever. just because of how insane the songs are. so much energy. and even better live. make sure to check out "Little Shepherd". it was recorded as a bonus track just using one mic for the instruments and one mic for vocals. its amazing. i hope you enjoy! EFFLUENCE

Interesting stuff. Quality is really good!

Re: Plug your band and MP3's 8 years 5 months ago #93370

Check out my new song! It's called "Home". soundcloud.com/klaus-marten/sets/songs/

Re: Plug your band and MP3's 8 years 4 months ago #96645

Hey I just recorded a new song; it's a cover of "Something In The Way" by Best Coast! Please let me know what you think! soundcloud.com/klaus-marten/sets/songs/

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 4 months ago #97535

My band 'No Relation' is heavily influenced by Smashing Pumpkins, check out this original song 'Fear of Home', all feedback is welcomed. If you would like to listen to more songs you can go to <www.triplejunearthed.com> and search 'No Relation', this website allows you to download more of our music for free

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 4 months ago #97616

• Dorovo
  • Die
  • Happy End of the World
NoRelation09 wrote:
My band 'No Relation' is heavily influenced by Smashing Pumpkins, check out this original song 'Fear of Home', all feedback is welcomed. If you would like to listen to more songs you can go to <www.triplejunearthed.com> and search 'No Relation', this website allows you to download more of our music for free

Reminds me of a local band I used to like. Work on the production (higher guitars, lower vocals with a little less reverb) is my suggestion. Sounds pretty good though.
"I said rat in a cage, not monkey from a fucking wire!" - Billy Corgan

"You have absolutely smashing pumpkins!" - Billy Corgan

uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_Corgan

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 4 months ago #97625

• ryon
  • Die
  • Bizarro Rebecca Black
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people who don't contribute to this site use this thread. So I refuse to listen to your music NoRelation. Most;y because I doubt you'll ever visit this site to hear my feedback.
Chewbacca masks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dreamelectric

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 4 months ago #97637

For your information, i love smashing pumpkins and anything affiliated with them. Im sorry that I don't contribute to this website, but I've bought my fair share of Pumpkins records that contribute to the Pumpkins 'brand', and I haven't just bought Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie and listened to nothing else, just this week I bought Machina I and Adore, both of which are amazing. If you would like to post something that you have been working on, i would be glad to listen to it and give you feedback. I assume that you are a true Smashing Pumpkins fan, so in the future how about going a little bit easier on members that have just signed up
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by NoRelation09.

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #97643

Don't take it personally, NoRevelation, and as a new user it might not apply to you - but like Ryon I have also noticed people sign up to this forum, plug their own music in here and not post anywhere else. Pumpkins fan or not, I'm with Ryon in finding it annoying. Like I said though, this might not apply to you, if you were planning on using the forum properly.
Preparation for detonation...

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #97719

isn't talking and sharing your own music - which is influenced by Smashing Pumpkins what this forum is all about?

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #97723

• ryon
  • Die
  • Bizarro Rebecca Black
NoRelation09 wrote:
isn't talking and sharing your own music - which is influenced by Smashing Pumpkins what this forum is all about?

Yes, but this is a members driven site, and really none of us are interested in tiny SP-influenced bands from across the globe. There are millions of them. The point of this thread is so that people who use this forum and have become part of the family can plug their music. You really haven't posted outside of this thread.
Chewbacca masks!

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #97733

• Strayz1
  • Dummy Tum Tummy
  • Wish at 11:11
Hey guys, what do you think of this? It's sort of a new approach for us....

Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #98509

Hey all...I just uploaded a new track called "Bells". It's pretty abstract with lots of guitar effects and whatnot..but check it out and please lemme know what you think! Thanks!! soundcloud.com/klaus-marten

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #98632

<>

This is a original song called 'Narrator' please tell me what you think about the song, and any suggestions would be much appreciated. ///// by the way klausityklaus2 i was intrigued about how you were able to create those sounds on the guitar, sounds like billy (how did u do it?)
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by NoRelation09.

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #98681

• Dorovo
  • Die
  • Happy End of the World
NoRelation09 wrote:
<>

This is a original song called 'Narrator' please tell me what you think about the song, and any suggestions would be much appreciated. ///// by the way klausityklaus2 i was intrigued about how you were able to create those sounds on the guitar, sounds like billy (how did u do it?)

That was good. I liked it. Jack up the vocals a little bit, and probably the overall volume. That was the best song I've heard from y'all.
"I said rat in a cage, not monkey from a fucking wire!" - Billy Corgan

"You have absolutely smashing pumpkins!" - Billy Corgan

uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_Corgan

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #98841

Norelation: I liked it! I agree that the mix needs work, but I do like the song, especially the guitar tones. It reminds me of early 90s shoegaze stuff. I think the vocals definitely need to be raised up, or if you're donig the low vocals on purpose, they should be bathed in reverb. I think the entire recording needs more reverb, but the song itself is quite good.

As for my song, I just used lots of flangers, phasers, and ring modulation, among plenty of other effects I'm sure. The ring mod pedal was key to the sound of that tune. I have a Boss multi-effects processor that is a huge help with all that stuff.

Re: Plug your band and MP3's - No Relation 8 years 3 months ago #98845

I just uploaded another track. It's not dissimilar to the last one, but shorter and more to the point. Quite creepy as well! Check it out, it's called The Dread Kali: www.soundcloud.com/klaus-marten
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 97 | Members List

Search