07December2019

ThePumpkins.net

TOPIC: Photography

Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74302

Oh hey, I'm sure there are threads like this around here somewhere, but they're probably buried and dead and i don't feel like reviving them. This will probably get buried and die soon but whatever, might as well.

Anyone here a photographer or you just like to take photos or whatever? POST EM PHOTOS

I've been photographing for a couple years, and I want to major in it somehow somewhere and become FAMOUS or not.
Here's some of my stuff, of which you can view more of at www.flickr.com/photos/xblisteredavalon/ and www.matthewfiebelkorn.com/

soot in my hair and stars in my hands...
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Murder McMurderson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74321

• Rivers Cuomo
  • Make It Fungus
  • Rivers Cuomo is not I am laughing out loud.
Great stuff! Especially the first two. I've posted some of my stuff here before, but I'll throw a few here again.

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74332

Great stuff, guys. I particularly like the first two of xblistered's and the first of Rivers'.

Coincidentally, I saw the coolest tree earlier today which I want to take a photo of. Most leaves were yellow and the upper ones were red. And all the trees around it had no leaves, so it really stood out. I'm hoping the leaves won't have blown off overnight, then I'll take a photo of it tomorrow :)
Preparation for detonation...

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74339

i like your photos. those are neat Rivers and xblistered. i especially like the first two photos as well xblistered. and i really like the tree photo and the one with the red, orange, and yellow plants Rivers. :)

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74347

• Strayz1
  • Dummy Tum Tummy
  • Wish at 11:11
This is exceptional guys! Please keep it coming!
Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74363

Thanks guys!

Here's a few more..................

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74365

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
Wow, this is really great stuff! My favorites are the very first one (the tree), and the guy in the shadows. Seriously, this kicks much other photographers' ass ;)

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74368

• Rivers Cuomo
  • Make It Fungus
What do you shoot with xblisteredavalon?

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74370

A Nikon D90, but some of those shots were with a D50, as well as a Mamiya 645E (medium format film camera)

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74372

those are awesome. i love those pics.

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74373

• Rivers Cuomo
  • Make It Fungus

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74380

dude rivers those are some nice shots! hahaha i enjoy the little space alien light painting scene.

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74382

• Rivers Cuomo
  • Make It Fungus
xblisteredavalon wrote:
A Nikon D90, but some of those shots were with a D50, as well as a Mamiya 645E (medium format film camera)

Nice! I've had bad luck with medium format so far. I had a Holga, but it got stolen. I've got a yashica TLR, but the film advance doesn't stop so I have to guess when twisting the film advance knob.. need to get that fixed. I keep looking at those Mamiya 645s on ebay...

Otherwise I use a Pentax k10D

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74384

that light painting stuff is cool. i remember you did some other pics like that before.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by blueczarina.

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74385

Rivers Cuomo wrote:
xblisteredavalon wrote:

Nice! I've had bad luck with medium format so far. I had a Holga, but it got stolen. I've got a yashica TLR, but the film advance doesn't stop so I have to guess when twisting the film advance knob.. need to get that fixed. I keep looking at those Mamiya 645s on ebay...

Otherwise I use a Pentax k10D

Yeah I've gotta a Holga too, its a good thing theyre cheap! It was fun for awhile until I got the Mamiya... image quality is BOMB. Theyre awesome cameras, and the thumb film advance thing that it came with is nice.

Re:Photography 9 years 1 month ago #74426

That Coca Cola picture is awesome. I'm thirsty.
Preparation for detonation...

Re:Photography 9 years 2 weeks ago #75583

:yay A photography thread! Excellent photos so far! Makes me excited for next semester, I can't wait to use a high quality digital camera! I currently major in photography and over the summer I began to really enjoy photography, and now obsess over it, especially now with my current color class.

All of these were taken with a Canon A-1. I'll have to upload some of my recent plastic camera photos I took for my color class. I still need to color correct them.

gloves by PumpkinPieces, on Flickr

Don't Grow Up by PumpkinPieces, on Flickr

sisters by PumpkinPieces, on Flickr

In the air by PumpkinPieces, on Flickr

For years by PumpkinPieces, on Flickr

Grason by PumpkinPieces, on Flickr

Stay Away by PumpkinPieces, on Flickr
"The Smashing Pumpkins are your friends! If you need a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, some euros, can't pay your rent. The Smashing Pumpkins."

Re:Photography 9 years 2 weeks ago #75608

stay away is awesome.
I might like you better if we slept together

Re:Photography 9 years 2 weeks ago #75618

• ryon
  • Die
  • Bizarro Rebecca Black
Any advice on time exposure? I'm taking a photography course right now and that's our next assignment.
Chewbacca masks!

Re:Photography 9 years 1 week ago #75953

You mean using the bulb setting on a camera? Where you hold the shutter for a long exposure? Our photo teacher told us that if you're going over a minute taking a night time photograph, making a few seconds mistake won't hurt at all. If you're dealing with film there's also Reciprocity Failure which would be worth looking up.

On another note, I hung out with a new friend yesterday, and she told me of a place with a bunch of color 35mm film for cheap. It was a farmer's market and upstairs there were four bins full of film and disposable cameras. I got 72 rolls of film for under $20! =D Some were pretty new and didn't expire till 2012! So I may be posting here a lot more. haha.
"The Smashing Pumpkins are your friends! If you need a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, some euros, can't pay your rent. The Smashing Pumpkins."
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 12 | Members List

Search