06December2019

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories Craft and Creativity My covers of Siva and to Sheila
  • Page:

TOPIC: My covers of Siva and to Sheila

My covers of Siva and to Sheila 8 years 8 months ago #81489

Here's a video of Siva

And another video, To Sheila

Let me know what you think and watch my Manic Street Preachers guitar covers on my youtube channel ;)
Someone who loves SP and Prince? Yep, that\'s me.
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Murder McMurderson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My covers of Siva and to Sheila 8 years 8 months ago #81502

Not bad, you have good rhythm. But the leads need to be more expressive. Seems like your tone/gear could be hindering that. May want to invest in a Strat and Marshall JCM to nail the tone just right, but of course it's up to you to do your own thing....

Singing was mostly not in tune, some was. Are you playing in standard tuning? If so, dropping a half step down could really help with the vocals.

Cool overall.

Re: My covers of Siva and to Sheila 8 years 8 months ago #81511

I listened to Siva. I thought your singing was mostly in tune. Voice fell flat at certain little points, but I think overall you just have different voice/singing style which still fits well with the original composition of the song. (maybe the user was referring more to 'To Shiela' idk)

I also don't believe you need a Strat and a Marshall to do a better cover of Siva. :roll Your tone is your tone and you played the song well, although being a fuzz addict myself I'd love to hear you play through something fuzzier. :p

Overall... it made me want to play guitar myself! Good job.
"The Smashing Pumpkins are your friends! If you need a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, some euros, can't pay your rent. The Smashing Pumpkins."

Re: My covers of Siva and to Sheila 8 years 8 months ago #82258

Thank you guys! I'm not a good singer, my range is very limited and it's even harder to play these riffs and sing at the same time. I think To Sheila sounds nice, even though there are some spots where it's a little bit out of tune.

I'd like to buy a new distortion pedal. I've got Boss DS-1, but it sounds flat. I'm not sure if I should buy Big Muff or ProCo Rat..
Someone who loves SP and Prince? Yep, that\'s me.
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by zaza_3121.

Re: My covers of Siva and to Sheila 8 years 1 month ago #100348

Thank you so much for your post.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 31 | Members List

Search