07December2019

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories Craft and Creativity Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins.

Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 6 months ago #84758

• Glass And The Ghost Children
  • Depresso
  • If selling records, recording hit song, and being famous is the measure of greatness than Soulja Boy is the greatest
This thread is to if you can write a song in the style of The Smashing Pumpkins. You can write the lyrics, and music, you can write just the lyrics, or you can write just the music. It really doesn't matter which one you do. You can write a song in the style of any era you want to it doesn't matter which era you want to Pre-Gish, Gish, Siamese Dream, Pisces Iscariot, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, The Airplane Flies High, Adore, Machina : The Machines Of God, Machina 2 : The Friends And Enemies Of Modern Music, Mary Star Of The Sea, The Future Embrace, Zeitgeist, American Gothic, If AL Goes Wrong, The 20th Anniversary Tour, Tear garden By Kaleidescope. It doesn't matter which era as long as it sounds like The Smashing Pumpkins.

Note: I consider Zwan and The Future Embrace part of The Smashing Pumpkins legacy.
I don't mean to hurt anyone, I'm just speaking my personal opinion.
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Glass And The Ghost Children.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 6 months ago #84761

• ryon
  • Die
  • Bizarro Rebecca Black
Apparently I already do write similarly to The Smashing Pumpkins (according to Don. :D)

Main Street Nowhere - Where I Stand
www.zshare.net/audio/897954347906eae2/
Chewbacca masks!

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 6 months ago #84762

I think all of my songs have a pumpkins style to them someway, intentional or not. I'll try and write something this week, but to get the thread rolling, here's a song of mine that has some heavy influence from the Pumpkins.

soundcloud.com/admiralapricot/god-or-ghost
"The Smashing Pumpkins are your friends! If you need a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, some euros, can't pay your rent. The Smashing Pumpkins."

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 6 months ago #84764

Well theres always this crappy song I made a year ago when I was fiddling with my new drum machine. timing sucks way hard on everything. very "needle-y" distortion too, I couldn't get it recorded right. oh well.
It was very cleverly titled "feelium 2" because I could not think of a name for it. very MCIS-ey I think. enjoi...

what is this for, by the way? just curious glass? and I really like your piece Pumpkinpisces :) very shoegaze/punk indeed.
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Sikamikanico999.

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 6 months ago #84766

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
ryon wrote:
Apparently I already do write similarly to The Smashing Pumpkins (according to Don. :D)

Main Street Nowhere - Where I Stand
www.zshare.net/audio/897954347906eae2/

Yeah. Better than current SP. :thumbsup

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 6 months ago #84781

• JonnyDaycase
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
im working on a solo song atm thats very pumpkins to me. more so than anything ive ever done. i shall post when its finished
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 6 months ago #84800

• dreamelectric
  • Die
  • When your life is so so dreary, dream..electric
Nice track Sika. I enjoyed it.

It is very Pumpkins, it also kind of reminded me Porcupine Tree or something that SW would do.

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 2 months ago #97536

My band is heavily influenced by siamese dream/Gish era Smashing Pumpkins. On this track I play the lead guitar and bass. This is an original song called 'Fear of Home', based around the famous 'Pumpkin Chord' of G# octave. Please tell me what you think about this song, all feedback is welcome

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 2 months ago #97598

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
This would be something nice for Billy to try out...

How about a link NoRelation? ;)

Re: Write A Song In The Style Of The Smashing Pumpkins. 8 years 2 months ago #97638

you can go to <www.triplejunearthed.com/Artists/View.aspx?artistid=45999> to listen to some of our other songs, although they in the early mixing stage, you might still enjoy them. I would recommend 'Poser' to listen to first;)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 36 | Members List

Search