22September2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General Plug An Artist Or Band That You Don't Think Gets Enough Credit.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plug An Artist Or Band That You Don't Think Gets Enough Credit.

Re: Plug An Artist Or Band That You Don't Think Gets Enough Credit. 6 years 7 months ago #108615

• JonnyDaycase
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
I've mentioned these before...

www.facebook.com/effluence

This band deserves to be massive! Go listen! \\they are described as Psycho Grunge
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Plug An Artist Or Band That You Don't Think Gets Enough Credit. 6 years 7 months ago #108630

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
dreamelectric wrote:
Glass And The Ghost Children wrote:
Dorovo wrote:
Nick Drake - The original Jack Johnson. Harrowing songs written over both triumphant and minimal acoustic arrangements.

Beirut - World-influenced indie band (better than Vampire Weekend, the spoiled fuckers). Zack Condon's voice is velvet.

Earlimart - Warm, hazy indie rock band from California. Very chill listening. Their first album is very reminiscent of SP, especially "We Drink on the Job".

Red Red Meat - Chilled out, hazy, warm, harmonics-driven blues. Hell, Billy liked them enough to write "Glynis" about one of the members. "Stained and Lit" sounds like what would happen if Billy drove up to the Appalachian Mountains and took a whole bunch of prozac on a warm summer evening.

Heck yea, Red Red Meat is so cool, I heard about them through Billy Corgan, this song was written about a girl in Red Red Meat who died of Aids.

Plus Sad Peter Pan.

Also, Nick Drake is very underrated.

I want to add to this list City and Colour. Dallas Green is an extremely talented musician. He is also one of the only current artists to turn my stomach in knots when I listen to his music.

I think Nick Drake should be considered classic but when I talk to most self-described "music afficianados" theyve never heard of him.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 160 | Members List

Search