22July2018

ThePumpkins.net

• Page:

TOPIC: metal

Re: metal 6 years 6 months ago #108216

kjrain12 wrote:
ghostchild wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
Come on, And Justice For All was a great album! The production was off, but the music was good!

OK, so I misspoke. The first 4 albums. I stand by my point that black album and beyond was all crap, though.

@Dorovo: Have you listened to Slipknots first album? I didn't like it at first but it grew on me like crazy!

Their latest album - All Hope is Gone - is really good too! 8-)
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: metal 6 years 6 months ago #108239

Not a huge fan of metal, largely because a lot of it sounds so similar in terms of its core concept. The metal I do like though tends to be on the heavier end like goatwhore or amon amarth.

My girlfriend loves symphonic metal like angtoria or sonata artica -- which I think reflects her upbringing in classical and choral music.

I must say here that my girlfriend is much more the metal person than I. She's seen katatonia and swallow the sun and other metal acts live. When I told her about this thread she said, "crowbar is not metal. and anyone who likes metal for real knows that. and you can quote me on that." She's pretty cool -- she's laying out the truths of metal while making jambalaya.

I just can't take bands like metallica or slipknot seriously no matter how hard I try.
"It meant the world to hold a bruising faith"
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by TaureanStar.

Re: metal 6 years 6 months ago #108242

TaureanStar wrote:
I just can't take bands like metallica or slipknot seriously no matter how hard I try.

Maybe you're trying too hard ;)

Re: metal 6 years 6 months ago #108245

epitome wrote:
TaureanStar wrote:

Possible, but when I don't try I find them both... a little silly. Yes there are moments they both have that are cool and hard and all, but..... come on.
"It meant the world to hold a bruising faith"

Re: metal 6 years 6 months ago #108246

TaureanStar wrote:
epitome wrote:
TaureanStar wrote:

Possible, but when I don't try I find them both... a little silly. Yes there are moments they both have that are cool and hard and all, but..... come on.

Well, just a matter of taste, of course. I don't find Slipknot silly. Fun would be a fairer word, from my point of view. I don't find Metallica silly either, though I don't much care for them.

Re: metal 6 years 6 months ago #108273

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
epitome wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
ghostchild wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
Come on, And Justice For All was a great album! The production was off, but the music was good!

OK, so I misspoke. The first 4 albums. I stand by my point that black album and beyond was all crap, though.

@Dorovo: Have you listened to Slipknots first album? I didn't like it at first but it grew on me like crazy!

Their latest album - All Hope is Gone - is really good too! 8-)

I still need to check that out! Maybe once I'm completely sick of their debut...:D
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: metal 6 years 5 months ago #108610

• dreamelectric
  • Die
  • When your life is so so dreary, dream..electric
Eww. Don't check out any Slipsnot. ;)

Re: metal 6 years 5 months ago #108629

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
dreamelectric wrote:
Eww. Don't check out any Slipsnot. ;)

Im telling ya, their debut is ace!
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The following user(s) said Thank You: epitome
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 399 | Members List

Search