22July2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final

Poll: Qualifying Final

Poll options
  • Ben Folds - Still Fighting It
  • Blonde Redhead - Not Getting There
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final

The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108538

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Qualifying Final

Whoever wins this is straight into the Grand Final, AND has to be beaten twice once there.

1.) Ben Folds - Still Fighting It

2.) Blonde Redhead - Not Getting There
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108540

• JonnyDaycase
  • Spazmatazz
  • Ex - Music Taste Champion
didn't like either song. but the second automatially won because the first song was down right awful. im really sorry to who ever submitted it, but its far to depressing for my liking. and the lyrics seemed like something south park came up with. sorry.

the second song wasnt entirely bad. kinda shoegaze-y like which was cool, but not really my kind of thing. but ye,

Blonde Redhead takes my vote with this one
Think its time we learnt your time table/ditched the hover board.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108542

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Out of ten

Still Fighting It 6

Not Getting There 5

Blonde Redhead just washed over me. It's too short, quiet and same sounding. Ben Folds song is cheesy / sentimental, but at least there's some substance there.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108547

Hmmm, I'm indifferent to both. I'll go with Blonde Redhead, just for it being a braver choice.
Preparation for detonation...

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108556

I usually like Ben Folds. But this one didn't do anything for me.

I liked the Blonde Redhead one. I don't mind a bit of chilled-out electro-pop.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108559

Both were pretty bad. Went with Blonde Redhead.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108571

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
I didn't think they were bad, but maybe a bit boring. I went with Blonde Redhead.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108578

epitome wrote:
Hmmm, I'm indifferent to both. I'll go with Blonde Redhead, just for it being a braver choice.

This. I like the idea of ben folds in theory but i've never been able to get into his stuff. lol.
Destroy the mind, destroy the body, but you cannot destroy the heart!

Tell me, tell me what you\\\'re after...I just wanna get there faster.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108582

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
Wow, so far I'd say it's been a landslide of "settling for" :D

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108586

venison wrote:
Wow, so far I'd say it's been a landslide of "settling for" :D

The great landslide of indifference.

To be honest, given the amount of votes in the last few rounds, this one might as well be called already.
Preparation for detonation...

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108587

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
I can not vote in here.
Both were that kind of popsong I wouldn't support.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108591

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
I went with Ben Folds. Both of them were okay I guess. Not really my thing.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108613

the Ben Folds song wasn't my thing, so i voted for Blonde Redhead. i do actually like electro pop type stuff quite a bit and i liked it better than the other song although i still found it a bit lacking.

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108616

blueczarina wrote:
the Ben Folds song wasn't my thing, so i voted for Blonde Redhead. i do actually like electro pop type stuff quite a bit and i liked it better than the other song although i still found it a bit lacking.

I like that stuff quite a bit too. That trip-hop kind of stuff. It's my guilty pleasure ;). You have any favourite bands/albums similar to Blonde Redhead?

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108623

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Blonde Redhead defeats Ben Folds 8 - 2

Now, moving along to the Semis :billy

Re: The Music Taste Championships #2 - Qualifying Final 6 years 5 months ago #108633

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
Well, that was a blowout.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 403 | Members List

Search