22July2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up

TOPIC: The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up

Re: The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up 6 years 3 months ago #111541

venison wrote:
epitome wrote:
Dorovo wrote:
epitome wrote:
Well, it would, although unless the song you're drawn against is daring, it'll just mean you'll probably go out straight away :p

You don't know that. I won a round of the first MTC with Roundabout by Yes.

But what was it up against?

I'm entering songs that I love that I'm sure will get few (if any votes). Not a very good tactic, so I expect I'll only be in two rounds :)
Yeah, I deliberately played to what I knew people like last time, but now I'm staying true to myself. It's a race between us to see who first gets eliminated! :D

:thumbsup
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up 6 years 3 months ago #111543

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
Haha. Since it's my first time around, I would like to not get eliminated early :p. While I think the music I have submitted is accessible (as opposed some experimental art music project), I met few people, if any at all, that list them amongst the bands they listen to. While I like some different kinds of music, I think for the most part I listen to alt. rock/modern rock/electronic influence rock. So my selections will probably reflect mostly those genres/sub genres.

But I won't be putting up Garbage or New Order or something, because those I think have already been posted by others and are a bit more well known than others. There are other bands that I like that are popular in some circles but still not getting regular rotation in the US for example, but I second guess myself.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Eye.

Re: The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up 6 years 3 months ago #111555

It's a little difficult for those who haven't been in previous MTC's to submit non-obvious artists/genres first time round and go for something completely different or esoteric. But there's less excuse for those of us who have been submitting songs for at least one or two MTC's already. :)

Re: The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up 6 years 3 months ago #111566

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
ghostchild wrote:
Looking like we'll be a go with 14 people. I've been insane busy the last week or so. Got a lot to do tonight too....but I'm hoping to draw up the bracket and get the first match going tomorrow evening. Still waiting on songs from 2 folks too...

Hurry up guys, jeez!! :p
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up 6 years 3 months ago #111627

OK, We had one more submit a song so we have 15 contestants. Sign-ups are now closed. I'm making the bracket now and will have the first match up soon. There are still 2 who have not submitted me their songs, but I matched them up against each other in the final match of the 1st round to give them time. Guys, submit me your stuff ASAP. I'm sending a PM to the 2 who I still need.
Destroy the mind, destroy the body, but you cannot destroy the heart!

Tell me, tell me what you\\\'re after...I just wanna get there faster.

Re: The Music Taste Championships Part 3 - sign up 6 years 3 months ago #111674

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
And so begins another epic Music Taste Championship!! :p
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 393 | Members List

Search