12November2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard?

TOPIC: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard?

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111582

Haha - how about a "guilty pleasures" thread. Now that would be interesting.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111583

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
BigBigBenny wrote:
Haha - how about a "guilty pleasures" thread. Now that would be interesting.
Feel free to start it then :)

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111588

• JKrat
  • Star Song
  • Enlightened one
I have to say that every one of nickelbacks albums are utterly horrifying. :dead

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111593

JKrat wrote:
I have to say that every one of nickelbacks albums are utterly horrifying. :dead

Ha, ha, ha, I couldn't agree more!

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111599

• Glass And The Ghost Children
  • Depresso
  • If selling records, recording hit song, and being famous is the measure of greatness than Soulja Boy is the greatest
Nickelback : The State
I bought this album wanting to give these guys a fair chance, it wasn't worth it, I traded the album in on a Jazz Instrumental Album

Prince : Purple Rain
Someone bought me this because I tolled them I was a fan of Classic Rock, I gave it a listen because I always like to be fair before I judge something. Yep, it was just as bad I thought it would be, I gave it to my aunt who loves that two foot tall black man.

Styx : Self Titled
I bought this album thinking it might be as good as The Doors : Self Titled, I was wrong there wasn't even one good song on this album. If it's true that everyone and everything poops then this is truly musical shit, I gave it to an old Hippie I use to across the street from, he loved it, proof that too many drugs will make you stupid.

James Iha : Let It Come Down
I thought this would be a cool album, it turns out it's boring and it's not worthy to be used as B-sides.

R.E.M. : Around The Sun
I hoped this would be a Green or Document style political album, full of rage, angst, and psychedelic haze. It turns out the album it lazy, boring, and kind of meanders. The one up side it has is that most of the songs are fantastic live. I heard The Final Straw and Electron Blue live in 2008 and they were great.
I don't mean to hurt anyone, I'm just speaking my personal opinion.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111600

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
kjrain12 wrote:
A few that come to mind

Believe by Disturbed

Believe is their best album. I take it you haven't sat through Ten Thousand Fists.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111602

• dreamelectric
  • Die
  • When your life is so so dreary, dream..electric
Dorovo wrote:
pinata89 wrote:
1) "Soup" Blind Melon
2) "4:13 Dream" The Cure
3) "A Thousand Suns" Linkin Park
4) "Eat Me, Drink Me" Marilyn Manson
5) "Pablo Honey" Radiohead

I have to like these albums at least a little bit considering I own them, but these are the least frequented in my CD player (off the top of my head).

I love Soup and Pablo Honey!

The Duke is my favorite Blind Melon song, and Blow Out is one of my favorite RH songs.

It's funny how one person can hate an album, saying it is one the worst they have ever heard and someone else can talk about how much they love it. Music is so subjective like that. I normally don't take peoples word on music. I like to listen for myself and decide if I like it or not instead of listening to any kind of review.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111608

DON wrote:
Having the compressed-to-death Nevermind re-issue there maybe is more to Vigs glam production than once, but it still sucks :D .

Butcher Vig shouldn't be allowed to work on rock albums.
Preparation for detonation...

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111610

• DON
  • Die
epitome wrote:
DON wrote:
Having the compressed-to-death Nevermind re-issue there maybe is more to Vigs glam production than once, but it still sucks :D .

Butcher Vig shouldn't be allowed to work on rock albums.
True.
The only good Vig production I know is Gish...and parts of Sonic Youth's Dirty and Experimental Jet-Set, Trash & No Star...parts!

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 7 months ago #111618

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
frankB wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
A few that come to mind

Believe by Disturbed

Believe is their best album. I take it you haven't sat through Ten Thousand Fists.

No I haven't actually, the only ones I've heard by them are their debut and Believe. After that, I'd had enough. Bored the shit out of me, Believe slightly more.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by kjrain12.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111648

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
I haven't listen to a full Nickelback album but I found the music I did hear so horrid I would never want to even listen to an album of theirs. James Iha's Let It Come Down I thought was just okay, not terrible, but not amazing either. Some good tracks but overall just okay.

While at the top of my head I can't think of 5, here are couple of thought were forgettable:
-Hootie and the Blowfish - Fairweather Johnson: yes, I am ashamed to say that I was a fan of Hootie back in the day. I thought their first album was pretty good at the time (keep in mind I was only getting into rock at the time, with SP now being probably the only band I regularly listen to from that era still). But this album was a big letdown. I only remember liking one or two tracks.

-Collective Soul - Discipline Breakdown: Another let down. I had really liked their second album, was self-titled weirdly. The one with "Gel" and "The World I know" and all that. Anyways, when it came to their third album, I wanted to embrace. I thought the single was okay, and I asked for the album as a present. Unfortunately, I recall having a hard time making it through the whole album in one sitting. I think I listened to it only twice all the way through. The only song I sort of liked was the single. The worst part is that what I remember most was the packaging, which has of course nothing to do with the music lol. The booklet smelled, like this horrible chemical smell (it was super glossy photos). I can't really explain it lol.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111652

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
It's so fun to hate on Hootie and the Blowfish. :D Although I do feel a bit of nostalgia every once in a while when they come on the radio

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111655

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
venison wrote:
It's so fun to hate on Hootie and the Blowfish. :D Although I do feel a bit of nostalgia every once in a while when they come on the radio
Haha yeah. I know what you mean. When I hear Collective Soul, part of me gets depressed, thinking how could I have liked song where I guy is talking about thinking about killing himself basically (or at least that's what the video depicts, if I misread the lyrics) for "World I Know" or whatever it was called lol. Though I still think "Gel" was a pretty good song.

Speaking of Hootie, I can't believe that Darius Rucker is still making music. Apparently he's doing country now, and I think he has been for a while. One of my ex-co workers at my last temp job went to a concert that featured him as one of the opening acts for a country music show lol.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Eye.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111663

No motherfucking Hootie and the Blowfish!

Preparation for detonation...

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111677

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
Collective Soul are alright but their music bores me most of the time.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111701

• Glass And The Ghost Children
  • Depresso
  • If selling records, recording hit song, and being famous is the measure of greatness than Soulja Boy is the greatest
Zwan : Mary Star of the Sea

Smashing Pumpkins : Zeitgeist

Blind Mellon : Soup

Radiohead : Pablo Honey

Muse : Absolution

I can't believe that these made it to the list of worst album, I mean Mary Star Of The Sea? What the fuck dude! What next Siamese Dream and Automatic For The People?
I don't mean to hurt anyone, I'm just speaking my personal opinion.

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111707

• DON
  • Die
Glass And The Ghost Children wrote:

I can't believe that these made it to the list of worst album, I mean Mary Star Of The Sea? What the fuck dude! What next Siamese Dream and Automatic For The People?
Siamese Dream would be the "2nd worst" SP album after Zeitgeist, indeed. ;)

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111714

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
DON wrote:

Machina and Gish better than SD? No way!

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111717

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
DON wrote:

I see that you've expunged the trauma of Teargarden from your memory...
The following user(s) said Thank You: epitome

Re: What The Top Five Worst Albums You've Ever Heard? 6 years 6 months ago #111718

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
For Vinyl collector Don, I'm sure there was no 'album' concerning Teargarden.

A mix up though of Songs for a Sailor, Solstice Bare, + Lightning Strikes, Owata, Teargarden Theme, Cottonwood Symphony, would definitely = SP's worst album.

No wait. I was forgetting Machina II and Gish.
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 195 | Members List

Search