20September2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most?

TOPIC: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most?

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112737

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
yteah wrote:
i dont like dubstep. whenever im listening to it because its popular choice of whoever im with, im sitting there longing for metal guitar, guitar can sound almost like it. all dubstep songs are pretty much the same to me, just noise with low and high mixxing and then it drops. and i think the beat drop is suppose to make it cooler. every song drops too. its annoying.

country is country, im pretty sure 100% of the lyrics are written by fans or a group of song writers. and then they just fill in with some simple musical cookie cuts.

i hate the new indie/hipster tho. its like all these only children made it popular. they didnt have siblings to tell them that their music is sappy and weirdo music. idk. maybe its just that whenever im watching mtv, the music news is always about indie. and it just reminds me of all those young professionals being rich and pompous... its like indie cred makes idiots believe midiocre bands are actually great...

I personally think indie/hipster is some of the best modern music out there. I can understand not liking the fans though, at least not hardcore hipsters. "If you've heard of it, it's too mainstream for me!" :roll
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112745

• dreamelectric
  • Die
  • When your life is so so dreary, dream..electric
Hipster is not a specific subculture, they exist in every subculture. They are those who use art as a fashion accessory. They are primarily concerned with image over substance, using their 'taste' as a way to craft their unique style as opposed to attempting to derive any profound meaning from art to enrich themselves as individuals. It is essentially a reversal of the natural way to appreciate art.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112751

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
They all wear grand glasses, keep their macbooks close and wear hippie clothes that don't fit :D.
Hipsters are probably the worst kind oft scene, movement or whatever of all times.
Who needs this?

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112766

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
Would you consider ICP fans a scene? Cause they're pretty bad^ Don't forget about those Phish fans either with their stinky pot smell and their long hippy hair! :p
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112770

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
kjrain12 wrote:
yteah wrote:
i dont like dubstep. whenever im listening to it because its popular choice of whoever im with, im sitting there longing for metal guitar, guitar can sound almost like it. all dubstep songs are pretty much the same to me, just noise with low and high mixxing and then it drops. and i think the beat drop is suppose to make it cooler. every song drops too. its annoying.

country is country, im pretty sure 100% of the lyrics are written by fans or a group of song writers. and then they just fill in with some simple musical cookie cuts.

i hate the new indie/hipster tho. its like all these only children made it popular. they didnt have siblings to tell them that their music is sappy and weirdo music. idk. maybe its just that whenever im watching mtv, the music news is always about indie. and it just reminds me of all those young professionals being rich and pompous... its like indie cred makes idiots believe midiocre bands are actually great...

I personally think indie/hipster is some of the best modern music out there. I can understand not liking the fans though, at least not hardcore hipsters. "If you've heard of it, it's too mainstream for me!" :roll
I know exactly what you mean. We also called them 'scenesters'. The mentality that if it's indie, it's by default good and if there is any measure of popularity to something, it's automatically crap. That is not to say all indie fans are like that, because that's not the case by any stretch of the imagination. But I mean, I remember volunteering at a campus radio station, there was just as much crap indie music as there was good indie music, which is the case with more popular music too. Some of the stuff was just unlistenable but in some case seemingly purposely so to make it more 'authentic'.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Eye.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112772

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
I don't care for country. thrash metal, death metal, or screamo. I remember listening to some tracks that turned out to be screamo, it seemed to be okay, melodic music, then they inexplicably started screaming in the middle of it. It just ruins for me. But to each their own I suppose.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112787

• Glass And The Ghost Children
  • Depresso
  • If selling records, recording hit song, and being famous is the measure of greatness than Soulja Boy is the greatest
Not all Independent Rock Bands are bad, there are a lot of good Indie Bands, the ones that come to mind are Arctic Monkeys, Cage The Elephant, White Stripes, Poets Of The Fall, and Phoenix Effect.

The worst of the worst is Country Music, it's on every radio station Down South, if you the sound of some hillbilly moaning, plucking one guitar string, one piano key being played, and a one, two three drum beat than Country Music is the music for you!

Oh, and by the way, Insane Clown Posse is worse than just bad, they're retarded, either you're Rap or you're Heavy Metal, you can't be both.
I don't mean to hurt anyone, I'm just speaking my personal opinion.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112788

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
Right, there are plenty of independent rock bands that are good, I was just speaking to the mentality to that SOME indie fans I came across had, that if it's indie, it's good no matter what. There are some really good indie bands and there are some really bad ones too.

Oh yeah Insane Clown Posse, that's something I thought of bringing up. Terrible.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Eye.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112791

Eye wrote:
Oh yeah Insane Clown Posse, that's something I thought of bringing up. Terrible.

i actually see lots of juggalos in the ER. we have this dirty group of ICP fans in town. they all have scabies, bed bugs, STDs, and seeping infections. i'm not even joking. every time i see someone come in with one of those butcher knife guy accessories i'm like shit more scabies and at least 90% of the time i'm correct. they are all so nasty.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by blueczarina.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112792

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
blueczarina wrote:
Eye wrote:

i actually see lots of juggalos in the ER. we have this dirty group of ICP fans in town. they all have scabies, bed bugs, STDs, and seeping infections. i'm not even joking. every time i see someone come in with one of those butcher knife guy accessories i'm like shit more scabies and at least 90% of the time i'm correct. they are all so nasty.
Wow that's messed up.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 4 months ago #112794

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
Eye wrote:
I don't care for country. thrash metal, death metal, or screamo. I remember listening to some tracks that turned out to be screamo, it seemed to be okay, melodic music, then they inexplicably started screaming in the middle of it. It just ruins for me. But to each their own I suppose.

You don't like Thrash? Not even Megadeth?

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112847

• yteah
  • V-8
  • keepin it real
blueczarina wrote:
Eye wrote:

lol thats sick. im pretty sure its because everyone within the group just sleeps with eachother because no one else likes them. ive known some dirty rocker kids and even tho a few of the girls are pretty cute and interesting, i would never get with them, just because i know theyve "dated" almost all the guys in their group at some point... ewwwww

Eye, thats too bad man. im not too fond of the screams or growls either, but i just listen to the guitars and love it. the growls grew on me when i saw metal live, they rocked my chest and made me feel like i was growling.

but screamo, i think screamo is the semi metal music with a screamer, and then a punk type singer right??? idk, either way i hate that kind of music too. i hate it because sometimes, ill check out a "screamo" band hoping theyre cool. and then im listening, and its really good guitar thats unique and skillful. and then a screaming part thats not bad or off putting. and then the dime-a-dozen singer comes in, and he just gays up the whole song and they become "emocore" the lyrics are always shit, too. and the way they sing them is always the same. like i know rap music that has better vocal melody. lol i wish there was a band that made that kind of music but without that same singing type....

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112854

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
yteah wrote:
blueczarina wrote:
Eye wrote:

lol thats sick. im pretty sure its because everyone within the group just sleeps with eachother because no one else likes them. ive known some dirty rocker kids and even tho a few of the girls are pretty cute and interesting, i would never get with them, just because i know theyve "dated" almost all the guys in their group at some point... ewwwww

Eye, thats too bad man. im not too fond of the screams or growls either, but i just listen to the guitars and love it. the growls grew on me when i saw metal live, they rocked my chest and made me feel like i was growling.

but screamo, i think screamo is the semi metal music with a screamer, and then a punk type singer right??? idk, either way i hate that kind of music too. i hate it because sometimes, ill check out a "screamo" band hoping theyre cool. and then im listening, and its really good guitar thats unique and skillful. and then a screaming part thats not bad or off putting. and then the dime-a-dozen singer comes in, and he just gays up the whole song and they become "emocore" the lyrics are always shit, too. and the way they sing them is always the same. like i know rap music that has better vocal melody. lol i wish there was a band that made that kind of music but without that same singing type....

Ah yes, I forgot screamo, I dont like screamo, it just bugs the shit outta me.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112867

• DON
  • Die
kjrain12 wrote:
yteah wrote:
blueczarina wrote:
Eye wrote:

Ah yes, I forgot screamo, I dont like screamo, it just bugs the shit outta me.
The writing of most screamo bands is rather good but it's always destroyed by the awfull yelling of their "singers".
This is what I mean; such a brilliant song, such a pubertal whining:

Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by DON.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112870

• Dorovo
  • Die
  • Happy End of the World
Glass And The Ghost Children wrote:
Oh, and by the way, Insane Clown Posse is worse than just bad, they're retarded, either you're Rap or you're Heavy Metal, you can't be both.

THANK YOU. I hate rap/rock fusion type bands. Linkin Park comes to mind.
"I said rat in a cage, not monkey from a fucking wire!" - Billy Corgan

"You have absolutely smashing pumpkins!" - Billy Corgan

uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_Corgan

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112872

• DON
  • Die
Dorovo wrote:

Linkin Park are ass beyond believe.
Maybe, hands down, the worst band of our time.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112875

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
kjrain12 wrote:
Eye wrote:

You don't like Thrash? Not even Megadeth?

Yeah I was never fan of Megadeth. I am not a big fan of metal in general. I have sort of liked the occasional Metallica song but that's about it. The closest thing to metal in my personal collection is Filter, but I guess that's more hard rock than anything, aside from the occasional more poppy song they have.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112876

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
yteah wrote:
blueczarina wrote:
Eye wrote:

Some screamo seems like more just melodic rock than even metal at times, but then they go into a ear piercing growls that just kills it. Yeah not a fan of emocore either.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112877

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
DON wrote:
Dorovo wrote:

Linkin Park are ass beyond believe.
Maybe, hands down, the worst band of our time.
Not a fan of Linkin Park or rap/rock fusion either. I used to like rap when I was younger, not so much now. I lost interest when everything started turning into gangsta rap (though some of the stuff I liked when I was younger was that). Then they started doing the 'bling bling' stuff and I never went back lol.

Re: What Genre Of Music Do You Hate The Most? 6 years 3 months ago #112899

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
@Eye: Understandable. I haven't been into metal for awhile actually (6-8) months. It's mostly jazz, hip hop, and electronic for me right now.

@Don: I don't know man, I don't think Linkin Park could be the worst band of our time with Limp Bizkit around. And Disturbed pisses me off too. For the record Hybrid Theory > The Sickness, and possibly Meteora > Believe.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 143 | Members List

Search