10December2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4

Poll: Elimination Match 4

Poll options
  • Foxy Shazam - Yes! Yes! Yes!
  • Manic Street Preachers - Faster
  • Page:

TOPIC: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4

Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112747

Foxy Shazam - Yes! Yes! Yes!

Manic Street Preachers - Faster

Destroy the mind, destroy the body, but you cannot destroy the heart!

Tell me, tell me what you\\\'re after...I just wanna get there faster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112748

Going Foxy on this one. They're super creative and original. Saw them live a couple years ago and they totally killed it. I don't like the overly distorted noise vibe going on with the manic street song.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112754

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Foxy was average. Not my thing at all. But the other one was just bad. Just so bad.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112759

I liked the Foxy Shazam one.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112761

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
Foxy Shazam exactly sounded like Led Zeppelin on speed whilest Manic Street Preachers werer 101 beyond believe.
But I think I go with those lefties :D

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112762

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
Going with the Manics! Holy Bible is one of the top albums of the 90s.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112769

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
Both were okay. I liked the Manic Street Preachers one a little bit more. Although I would have preferred it with the distorted production choice they made oh well. I'm going with Manic regardless.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112801

Guess we'll call this for manic street at 6 - 4. That means I'm done already.:sigh

Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know (loss)
Portugal. The Man - All Your Light (win)
Foxy Shazam - Yes! Yes! Yes! (loss)

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112805

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
Those were good, interesting choices at least. Props for submitting that crazy Portugal the Man video, that was the best shit I've seen in weeks :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghostchild

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112807

Right? I love how weird it is. I tried to go with stuff that was stylistically very different from what you'd normally see on here. Guess that was a bad strategy. lol

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112811

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
I really liked the Gotye track. And then a couple of days later after hearing it here, it seemed to be popping up everywhere in the news, and then I found out the dude's from Melbourne and lives on the same part of town I do. Ha ha. And I've been listening to a lot of his other stuff too, he's not bad :)

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112813

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
ghostchild wrote:
Right? I love how weird it is. I tried to go with stuff that was stylistically very different from what you'd normally see on here. Guess that was a bad strategy. lol
The strategy works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. It's bold of you to choose different types of tracks. I think I ended up voting for a couple of them, if my memory serves correctly. I guess it just depends on the match ups sometimes, and everyone's individual tastes.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 4 6 years 6 months ago #112824

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
ghostchild wrote:
Guess we'll call this for manic street at 6 - 4. That means I'm done already.:sigh

Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know (loss)
Portugal. The Man - All Your Light (win)
Foxy Shazam - Yes! Yes! Yes! (loss)

Good run mate, I really enjoyed that Portugal the Man song. Thanks for introducing me to em! :thumbsup
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 216 | Members List

Search