20September2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5

Poll: Elimination Match 5

Poll options
  • Metric - Gimme Sympathy
  • Jane's Addiciton - Summertime Rolls
  • Page:

TOPIC: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5

Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112802

Metric - Gimme Sympathy

Jane's Addiciton - Summertime Rolls

Destroy the mind, destroy the body, but you cannot destroy the heart!

Tell me, tell me what you\\\'re after...I just wanna get there faster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112803

No brainer to Jane's on this one. I really didn't enjoy the other song at all.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112804

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
I voted for the non-Katy Perry one

Oh yeah, and fuck VEVO!
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by venison.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112809

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
There are some musicians trying the best they can and then there is Perry Farrell ruling the world :D
Summertime Rolls makes me wanne lay in the hot midday sun doing nothing but listening to it.
Hats of to Jane's Addiction, the grandfathers of everything indie.
A no brainer, but a good one.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112812

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Out of ten

Gimme Sympathy 7

Summertime Rolls 7

Looks like this is a brainer :billy

Yep. Going with Metric.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112814

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
I thought the Jane's Addiction one was okay. It's got an interesting atmospheric vibe, but I couldn't really get into that much. I never really got into them in general.

As for the Metric song, I really like it. Cool arrangements and lots of energy. I'm confused by the Katy Perry comparison :confused. Is it because the lead singer is wearing that outfit? Because I have heard other stuff by Metric, and none of their music screams Katy Perry to me.

But anyways, I'm gonna have to go with Metric.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Eye.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112815

• Dorovo
  • Die
  • Happy End of the World
It would have to be a great, great band to win a match against Jane's. Metric was catchy but not great. Summertime Rolls it is.
"I said rat in a cage, not monkey from a fucking wire!" - Billy Corgan

"You have absolutely smashing pumpkins!" - Billy Corgan

uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_Corgan

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112821

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
I'm getting sick of most Janes Tunes to be honest, going with Metric, I enjoyed that alot.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112826

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
kjrain12 wrote:
I'm getting sick of most Janes Tunes to be honest.
What is wrong with your head? :p

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112828

• venison
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
Eye wrote:
I thought the Jane's Addiction one was okay. It's got an interesting atmospheric vibe, but I couldn't really get into that much. I never really got into them in general.

As for the Metric song, I really like it. Cool arrangements and lots of energy. I'm confused by the Katy Perry comparison :confused. Is it because the lead singer is wearing that outfit? Because I have heard other stuff by Metric, and none of their music screams Katy Perry to me.

But anyways, I'm gonna have to go with Metric.
don't worry, you have every right to be confused, I'm just making half-assed comparisons based on vague preconceptions judging from the small snippets of music I've heard from either band ;)

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 4 months ago #112840

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
DON wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
I'm getting sick of most Janes Tunes to be honest.
What is wrong with your head? :p

I dunno, to me, Janes are great, but when people choose them for MTC, it bugs me because the point of this thing is to introduce people to new music and everybody here know Janes pretty well I think. Plus, I've listened the shit outta em as it is. :)
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112851

this was hard. i didn't want to vote JA but the other one just wasn't my thing. i've heard the Metric song before. its ok, but just kind of lacks something.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112852

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
Metric needs someone to help it tie it up! :p

In my head, I always get Metric messed up with Metronomy. I keep thinking, "Ah, Metric, they made that English Riviera album right?" Yeah, you can tell I'm not a frequent listener of either bands, haha

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112857

Well, we have a tie for the first time. Guess we'll leave it open for awhile longer and see if we can get a vote one way or another...

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112873

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
Wow. I think this is one of the only times we have had more than 11 people voting too, even though there was 15 people that entered the competition.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112874

• Eye
  • Is Alex Milton
kjrain12 wrote:

In my head, I always get Metric messed up with Metronomy. I keep thinking, "Ah, Metric, they made that English Riviera album right?" Yeah, you can tell I'm not a frequent listener of either bands, haha
Never heard of that other band but that's funny. Now just imagine if people got mixed up between Smashing Pumpkins and Smashing Orange haha. Not quite the same thing I guess though lol. Metric is more obscure than SP is, well in comparison anyways.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112881

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
I let both song-goers go ahead last tournament in the event of a tie. Worked out fine 8-)

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112900

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
Eye wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:

Never heard of that other band but that's funny. Now just imagine if people got mixed up between Smashing Pumpkins and Smashing Orange haha. Not quite the same thing I guess though lol. Metric is more obscure than SP is, well in comparison anyways.

Yeah check out English Riviera when you get the chance. Metronomy are a good band.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112902

OK, no break of the tie still. I have an idea. I'll get these two contestants to submit me new songs by the same artists. I'll put the poll up for 1 day, instead of the standard 2. And see if we can get a winner that way.

Re: Music Taste Championships 3 - Elimination Match 5 6 years 3 months ago #112904

That's a very good idea, ghostchild.
Preparation for detonation...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 147 | Members List

Search