19January2020

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General STICKY: Site suggestions and questions

TOPIC: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 7 months ago #114033

DON wrote:
I appreciate the new design, thank you Murder. :)

Maybe it is just me, but may you bring back the pictures of those who are currently online on starting site?
This makes things a lot easier than figuring out their names ;) .

Yeah, that will probably be coming back.
Glass And The Ghost Children wrote:
Anyone else hate the living hell out of the new design? I was trying to make a CD for a friend but it will not let me download anything!

It's a bit bugged at the moment. You may want to go to thepumpkins.net/mp3/ to download your mp3s.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 7 months ago #114036

i like the new site design with the Oceania trees. :) i like the blues and purples. i would like to see the whose online box back and chat or maybe i live chat box like dream suggested awhile back. other than that though very nice. :billy
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dreamelectric

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 7 months ago #114040

Yeah, chat would be nice.

Good job, Murder! :)
\"With me, it\'s just a genetic dissatisfaction with everything.\"-Woody Allen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 7 months ago #114089

  • kjrain12
  • kjrain12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
  • Posts: 5658
I love it so far! It's so much sexier than the last design! Thanks Murder!
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How Do I Download Music From ThePumpkins.Net? 7 years 7 months ago #114106

I have been very busy lately, so yesterday I got some free time. I decided I would look for some more Bootlegs on ThePumpkins.Net, but the site doesn't let me download anything at all. How do you download music from the music section?
Wild horses we are born, .creatures worn than torn, mourning our way home
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How Do I Download Music From ThePumpkins.Net? 7 years 7 months ago #114109

  • dreamelectric
  • dreamelectric's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • When your life is so so dreary, dream..electric
  • Posts: 3012
For Martha wrote:
I have been very busy lately, so yesterday I got some free time. I decided I would look for some more Bootlegs on ThePumpkins.Net, but the site doesn't let me download anything at all. How do you download music from the music section?

For right now, use this link thepumpkins.net/mp3/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How Do I Download Music From ThePumpkins.Net? 7 years 6 months ago #114152

  • DON
  • DON's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
  • Posts: 6076
Video embeding doesn't work anymore.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How Do I Download Music From ThePumpkins.Net? 7 years 6 months ago #114153

I think your URL was wrong, DON.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DON

Re: How Do I Download Music From ThePumpkins.Net? 7 years 6 months ago #114162

  • DON
  • DON's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
  • Posts: 6076
EDIT:
Solved, thanks and sorry :billy
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by DON.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How Do I Download Music From ThePumpkins.Net? 7 years 6 months ago #114164

It seems that blogs don't become published immediately. I may have to fix that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114180

  • Eye
  • Eye's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Is Alex Milton
  • Posts: 1122
Cool design Murder. The one suggestion I would make is changing the default font for forum text. I have seen it on other sites too, and it makes it hard to read things because the words seem to run together and you can't tell whether there is a space between words. I guess it would go for blogs and other posts on the site as well, the same font that looks like there is no spaces in between the letters.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Eye.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How Do I Download Music From ThePumpkins.Net? 7 years 6 months ago #114219

  • kjrain12
  • kjrain12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
  • Posts: 5658
Murder McMurderson wrote:
It seems that blogs don't become published immediately. I may have to fix that.

Yeah, that's my only problem with it. Maybe it's just me, but my for blog, the formatting got screwy as well.

Other than that though, the site's golden! :)
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114286

  • Eye
  • Eye's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Is Alex Milton
  • Posts: 1122
No one else having the same problem with the fonts as I am? I am gonna see if it's any better in another browser.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114305

  • kjrain12
  • kjrain12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
  • Posts: 5658
Actually Murder, if it's possible, it would be useful to have a "preview" feature for the blogs. Either that or maybe allow the creator the ability to delete their own blogs.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114320

kjrain12 wrote:
Actually Murder, if it's possible, it would be useful to have a "preview" feature for the blogs. Either that or maybe allow the creator the ability to delete their own blogs.

I will look for a better blogging component to add to the site. You may want to hold off on posting new blogs until then.
Eye wrote:
No one else having the same problem with the fonts as I am? I am gonna see if it's any better in another browser.

I actually increased the spacing after your first comment, so it may be something on your end.

This is how is looks to me:

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Murder McMurderson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114337

  • kjrain12
  • kjrain12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
  • Posts: 5658
^Alright, thanks Murder! I'll try to hold off until then.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114371

  • Eye
  • Eye's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Is Alex Milton
  • Posts: 1122
It seems like when I am typing it , it still looks really smooshed together. But it looks a bit better when it is actually posted. Like right now, it almost seems like I have to do 2 or 3 spaces between words to make it appear t o me to have the same amount of space other fonts have.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114584

  • frankB
  • frankB's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Ghostface
  • Posts: 5283
There is a bug on the homepage where Guest comments in Latest Comments are listed as though they are from me. Sometimes a refresh clears this up, but then next time I come back it still says frankB is the author of the comment. I don't know if this is happening for everyone else, whether Guest comments are showing up as being from whatever user is logged in etc. or if frankB is so privileged ;)

edit: Logging out sets them back to Guests
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by frankB.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114588

  • Pug92
  • Pug92's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hairy Eyeball
  • Posts: 349
frankB wrote:
There is a bug on the homepage where Guest comments in Latest Comments are listed as though they are from me. Sometimes a refresh clears this up, but then next time I come back it still says frankB is the author of the comment. I don't know if this is happening for everyone else, whether Guest comments are showing up as being from whatever user is logged in etc. or if frankB is so privileged ;)

edit: Logging out sets them back to Guests
i have this too. first time i was like what... some fucker hacked my account!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankB

Re: STICKY: Site suggestions and questions 7 years 6 months ago #114658

  • Eye
  • Eye's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Is Alex Milton
  • Posts: 1122
Murder McMurderson wrote:
kjrain12 wrote:
Actually Murder, if it's possible, it would be useful to have a "preview" feature for the blogs. Either that or maybe allow the creator the ability to delete their own blogs.

I will look for a better blogging component to add to the site. You may want to hold off on posting new blogs until then.
Eye wrote:
No one else having the same problem with the fonts as I am? I am gonna see if it's any better in another browser.

I actually increased the spacing after your first comment, so it may be something on your end.

This is how is looks to me:

I noticed when I was on my brother's mac today, that there seemed to be no problems and in fact I saw a different font than I did on my PC. I thought maybe it was Safari that was helping. But I'm on Safari right now on my PC and still the same font and problem. Stranger still, I get this notification in both Google Chrome and Safari that says 'shame on you for using IE6' blah blah, use one of these browsers. The thing is that I am using Safar i or Chrome, not IE6. I haven't even opened IE in months and that it is IE 8 or something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Online

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 58 | Members List

Search