06December2019

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General What are you listening to right now???!!!

TOPIC: What are you listening to right now???!!!

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 11 months ago #128867

Can't stop listening to this.

Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 11 months ago #128868

  • frankB
  • frankB's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Ghostface
  • Posts: 5283
Listened to Soord's solo, it's way too mellow and lacks substance.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by frankB.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 11 months ago #128869

It isn't too mellow, but it does lack something.
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 11 months ago #128873

Cloak & Dagger Mixes (apparently it's also an exclusive nightclub in LA) Dark songs, black clothes, etc.

soundcloud.com/cloakanddaggerla/cloak-dagger-mix-one
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 9 months ago #129025

Great recent electronic new wave

The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 8 months ago #129228

My favourite album of the year so far:

Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankB

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 7 months ago #129252

  • DON
  • DON's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
  • Posts: 6076
The latest jazz album of Jimmy kicks so much ass, I will need new butt-cheeks :D

frankcatalano.bandcamp.com/album/gods-gonna-cut-you-down
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 6 months ago #129269

Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 4 months ago #129340

I've been listening to a lot of 80s music after watching the (really cool) new Netflix show Stranger Things (you guys would love it). The show's score is awesome too, real 80s nostalgia analogue electronic stuff. Check out the opening credits:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 4 months ago #129341

plasmate74 wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of 80s music after watching the (really cool) new Netflix show Stranger Things (you guys would love it). The show's score is awesome too, real 80s nostalgia analogue electronic stuff. Check out the opening credits:

Watched the first two episodes after reading this. Enjoying it. I thought the kids might make it annoying, but so far so good :) The 80s vibe is bang on!
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plasmate74

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 3 months ago #129343

epitome wrote:
plasmate74 wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of 80s music after watching the (really cool) new Netflix show Stranger Things (you guys would love it). The show's score is awesome too, real 80s nostalgia analogue electronic stuff. Check out the opening credits:

Watched the first two episodes after reading this. Enjoying it. I thought the kids might make it annoying, but so far so good :) The 80s vibe is bang on!

You finish it? Yeah, the 80s vibe is bang on. I hope they make more.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 3 months ago #129344

  • frankB
  • frankB's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Ghostface
  • Posts: 5283
I'm 7 episodes in. Pretty good, but over-hyped in my opinion.

Music though is fabulous.

Here are a couple more worth listening too:



The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 3 months ago #129345

Yeah, the New Order song was a fav.
Here's another great one featured on the show:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 3 months ago #129346

plasmate74 wrote:
epitome wrote:
plasmate74 wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of 80s music after watching the (really cool) new Netflix show Stranger Things (you guys would love it). The show's score is awesome too, real 80s nostalgia analogue electronic stuff. Check out the opening credits:

Watched the first two episodes after reading this. Enjoying it. I thought the kids might make it annoying, but so far so good :) The 80s vibe is bang on!

You finish it? Yeah, the 80s vibe is bang on. I hope they make more.

Finished it last night. Ended well. I imagine they'll make more, it seems to have been a big hit. I'd rate it about 8/10, and again I have to say I was really impressed with the eightiesness 8-)
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 3 months ago #129350

Had a couple of listens to the new Pineapple Thief album. Thought it was going to be a bit disappointing with the fairly short length and only having one long track, but it's actually really good. That Shore has to be one of their best songs. Still wouldn't mind the album being a couple of tracks longer though ;)

Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 1 month ago #129385

If anyone's missing Porcupine Tree, I'm finding the new John Wesley has some of those vibes and is a very good album:

Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 1 month ago #129386

  • frankB
  • frankB's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • Ghostface
  • Posts: 5283
I saw Steven Wilson live just two nights ago actually ha ha. I'm all Porcupine Treed out.

Amazing concert. Such a small venue so we were super close. He played for 3 hours. Just his usual massive setlist. So many songs felt that they were expanded upon, like he didn't shorten anything. He got the most out everything.

His voice was perfect. Sounded better than the albums.

Makes you wonder why Billy has declined so.

Steven Wilson looks like he's 10 years younger even though he's 48.

His banter was really good as well. Making fun of Tool for being in hiatus was a highlight.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 1 month ago #129387

I just had a look at the setlist from your show...pretty awesome.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 1 month ago #129389

frankB wrote:
I saw Steven Wilson live just two nights ago actually ha ha. I'm all Porcupine Treed out.

Amazing concert. Such a small venue so we were super close. He played for 3 hours. Just his usual massive setlist. So many songs felt that they were expanded upon, like he didn't shorten anything. He got the most out everything.

His voice was perfect. Sounded better than the albums.

Makes you wonder why Billy has declined so.

Steven Wilson looks like he's 10 years younger even though he's 48.

His banter was really good as well. Making fun of Tool for being in hiatus was a highlight.

Yeah, I saw SW earlier in the year and it was definitely up there with one of the best live shows I've seen. I like that he seems happy now to put some Porcupine Tree songs in the set, it would've been a shame if they all just got left behind.
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 years 2 weeks ago #129391

  • venison
  • venison's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Die
  • the return of slippin' jimmy
  • Posts: 3009
Anyone watch American Horror Story? I started watching the Hotel season on Netflix and was pleased that that they imbue it with tons of gothy music--some 80s classics along with a bit of newer stuff...

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Online

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 18 | Members List

Search