10December2018

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General What are you listening to right now???!!!

TOPIC: What are you listening to right now???!!!

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 years 2 weeks ago #129393

venison wrote:
Anyone watch American Horror Story? I started watching the Hotel season on Netflix and was pleased that that they imbue it with tons of gothy music--some 80s classics along with a bit of newer stuff...

I watch American Horror Story. Yeah, Hotel last year was really good, especially on the music front. Like you said, very 80s gothic. I love how this track was used in one of the early episodes:

The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 years 3 days ago #129396

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
A good TV show to watch for anyone interested is WESTWORLD. Just finished the first season and it was brilliant.

For something completely different, try BLACK MIRROR.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 years 3 days ago #129397

frankB wrote:
A good TV show to watch for anyone interested is WESTWORLD. Just finished the first season and it was brilliant.

For something completely different, try BLACK MIRROR.

I've been watching Westworld. Yeah, it's excellent. Finally a sci fi tv show that is actually interested in dealing with consciousness and artificial intelligence and morality and free will in a serious way (most scifi shows just have these things as decoration atop their action movie). I think we have Jonathan Nolan to thank in large part, he wrote Memento, The Prestige, Interstellar for his brother Christopher Nolan.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 11 months ago #129401

I've been watching Westworld too. Still need to watch the last two episodes. Enjoyed it a lot so far. I love the music in it, how they play a lot of hits from the 90s (and other eras, to be fair) in the saloon - caught me by surprise the first time I noticed that it was Radiohead or whatever playing - really cool idea.

As for American Horror Story, I keep meaning to give that a try but so far haven't watched a single episode. Hopefully I'll get round to it one day.
Preparation for detonation...

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 11 months ago #129402

Watched the final episode of (series 1 of) Westworld a few days ago - one of the best episodes of anything, ever.

I also tried the first episode of series 1 of American Horror Story recently. Absolute crap. Not remotely scary and it felt like the writers just wrote the first random thing that came to mind and figured that would do. Part of me is considering watching another episode to see if it gets better, but part of me thinks that would just be another 45 minutes I won't get back.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 11 months ago #129403

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
I had the exact same reaction to American Horror Story. And apparently the show goes downhill after season 1!!!

ATM I am watching a murder mystery / law drama from the 90s called Murder One.

I must have watched an episode or two when it was on TV, enjoyed it, and then remembered it 20 years later.

I'm less than halfway through season 1 (I think there are 2 seasons) and I am massively impressed, it's way better than I had hoped.

The bald guy playing the main character is absolutely phenomenal in his role. I'm not looking him up until I've finished, IMDB can spoil stuff if I learn an actor is only in so many episodes of a series etc. So I'll see what else he's been in when I'm finished.

So far the show is extremely intelligent, unpredictable and very self aware about what the audience might be thinking.

It's not up to the strength of present shows like Westworld, but as I said the lead actor's performance is so good it carries the show a long, long way.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 11 months ago #129404

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface

Can't wait for this, Sounds Amazing!!

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 11 months ago #129405

Yeah, should be good. Could be another good year for new music.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 10 months ago #129415

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
This is the solo project from guy from Poland but it rather sounds like he secretly took over Porcupine Tree after Wilson's departure ;)
The entire album "Lights Of A Distant Bay" is phenomenal!

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 10 months ago #129417

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
I actually found Moonrise when I was searching youtube for prog rock to use in the Music Taste Championship lol :)

My favorite song from then I think is the title track of that album.

Here is something else I really like that's sort of in the same category, that I recently found...

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 10 months ago #129419

DON wrote:
This is the solo project from guy from Poland but it rather sounds like he secretly took over Porcupine Tree after Wilson's departure ;)
The entire album "Lights Of A Distant Bay" is phenomenal!

Pretty cool. I was listening on headphones and the bits where he repeats "Princes and Kings" in a bit of a whisper ruin the whole thing though :p

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 10 months ago #129421

frankB wrote:
I actually found Moonrise when I was searching youtube for prog rock to use in the Music Taste Championship lol :)

My favorite song from then I think is the title track of that album.

Here is something else I really like that's sort of in the same category, that I recently found...

That was pretty cool, I liked how it builds so slowly.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 4 months ago #129446

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
This is awesome

What are you listening to right now???!!! 9 months 2 weeks ago #129538

• kjrain12
  • Die
  • Storm of Steel
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by kjrain12.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 3 months 17 hours ago #129574

New Pineapple Thief and Alice in Chains are both excellent albums (particularly AiC). Ancestors have a new album out, which I expect will be very good but I haven't got it yet.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #129578

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
I've gone off Pineapple Thief, but I haven't heard the new album. I wasn't a fan of the last one.

Ancestors new album is very good, and very easy to get into. Nothing in the realm of First Light but overall pretty exciting and interesting.

I've been listening to a lot of synth wave music of late. Favorites include Gunship, The Midnight and FM Attack.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #129579

Cool, I'll check those out.

I'll listen to the new Ancestors this weekend. And I should check this out too:
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by epitome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankB

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #129592

I listened to the new Ancestors album a few times. I think musically it's as good as what they've done before, but it's a bit disappointing that it's quite a short album, especially after a 6 year wait since their previous album.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #129594

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
epitome wrote:
I listened to the new Ancestors album a few times. I think musically it's as good as what they've done before, but it's a bit disappointing that it's quite a short album, especially after a 6 year wait since their previous album.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. It also sort of resembles one long song as opposed to several short songs.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #129598

frankB wrote:
epitome wrote:

Yeah, I'd agree with that. It also sort of resembles one long song as opposed to several short songs.

Yeah, it flows well and all the songs are very much in the same style. Would have been cool if they blended them all together and released it was one 36 minute song actually.
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 246 | Members List

Search