09December2019

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General What are you listening to right now???!!!

TOPIC: What are you listening to right now???!!!

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 2 months ago #129600

frankB wrote:
I've gone off Pineapple Thief, but I haven't heard the new album. I wasn't a fan of the last one.

Ancestors new album is very good, and very easy to get into. Nothing in the realm of First Light but overall pretty exciting and interesting.

I've been listening to a lot of synth wave music of late. Favorites include Gunship, The Midnight and FM Attack.

Nice. I didn't like The Midnight, it was too dancey or something, but the others were good. Have you ever listened to Stars?

Preparation for detonation...
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by epitome.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 2 months ago #129601

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Never heard Stars before. That song was okay, but not good enough to get me interested.

With the bands I mentioned - The Midnight is easily the best overall. I picked the wrong song for you to listen to, I think. I mean I LOVE tonnes of Midnight songs and a lot of it is different depending on the album. I've picked out one more for you to listen to that I think you'll love also, as it's definitely more to your taste, but if you don't like it I'll shut up.

I'm new to Gunship. They have two albums, with one that is new, maybe not out yet. But they have about 5 or 6 songs that are amazing and a bunch of others that aren't.

FMAttack are awesome, but they don't have many songs that are better than any other song they have. They have a few albums that all have their own feel, but they're just great for putting in the background and chilling to.

I also like Timecop1983 who is like FMAttack in a way but more techno.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 2 months ago #129603

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
Maybe it's time to confess that I'm done with rock music because of gems like this.
Devin Townsend as a great 80s wave musician :D :

The following user(s) said Thank You: frankB

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 2 months ago #129604

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
DON wrote:
Maybe it's time to confess that I'm done with rock music because of gems like this.
Devin Townsend as a great 80s wave musician :D :

That was a good song. The thing about liking old music though is there's only going to be so much new stuff you can discover. And I need new stuff constantly.

The Midnight just released their new album which is clearly 80s inspired. It might not be legit 80s music, but at least people are still trying to carry on the genre today.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DON

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 2 months ago #129605

frankB wrote:
Never heard Stars before. That song was okay, but not good enough to get me interested.

With the bands I mentioned - The Midnight is easily the best overall. I picked the wrong song for you to listen to, I think. I mean I LOVE tonnes of Midnight songs and a lot of it is different depending on the album. I've picked out one more for you to listen to that I think you'll love also, as it's definitely more to your taste, but if you don't like it I'll shut up.

I'm new to Gunship. They have two albums, with one that is new, maybe not out yet. But they have about 5 or 6 songs that are amazing and a bunch of others that aren't.

FMAttack are awesome, but they don't have many songs that are better than any other song they have. They have a few albums that all have their own feel, but they're just great for putting in the background and chilling to.

I also like Timecop1983 who is like FMAttack in a way but more techno.

They were both pretty good. I liked the progginess of Crystaline. Timecop1983 was probably a bit *too* 80s-sounding for me overall, but still kinda fun.
Preparation for detonation...
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankB

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 1 month ago #129629

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
Just scrolling down the Steven Wilson website in the hope of a new album announcement.
He's releasing a live blu-ray now, consisting of some stadium performance. The tracklist looks quite nice, with only some stinkers from his latest abomination and lots of great solo era and Porcupine Tree tracks, BUT the footage, the footage....
Is this supposed to be a joke?
Steven Wilson in a stadium with all those dancers?
Who does he think he is? Nickelback or Bon Jovi?
What happened to the sympathetic nerd from UK that would do the ultimate blend of classic prog, modern rock and weird shit?
We're talking about Corgan's failures most of the time here and I was pretty much awed by anything Wilson did ever since I found out about PT in 2006 (minus parts of The Incident maybe, which felt a bit lazy to me). But right now, it feels like he completely lost me as a listener.
It seems like his attitude towards art and the perception of his fanbase has changed by a 100%. I could have ignored the awful To The Bone album (and I must be honest here, I would rather listen to Monuments than to this trainwreck, because Monuments is at least so bad it's amusing).
But this is something extra, the footage is worthy of a disgusting rockstar not of one of the greatest musicians alive.
He's chumming up to all the people and an industry who would have pissed on songs like Anesthetize and Russia On Ice and who would have taken a dump on albums like Signify.
It makes me feel sick.
I'm shocked, saddened and disgusted.
It's sell-out time in Porcupine land!
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by DON.

What are you listening to right now???!!! 1 year 1 month ago #129630

The movie is genius. Music is great too.
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 34 | Members List

Search