13December2019

ThePumpkins.net

You are here: Home Forum Categories General Steven Wilson

TOPIC: Steven Wilson

Steven Wilson 4 years 8 months ago #127889

Most blu-ray discs are region free.
Preparation for detonation...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankB

Steven Wilson 4 years 8 months ago #127895

• DON
  • Die
  • Halp me, pls! Mein ice-cream ist am melting!
Yeah, it's only slightly Wilson related, so here's something about the Thief:
I've been listening to another playlist of Pineapple Thief songs tonite and I found something that really distracts me from fully enjoying the songs.
It's the lyrics.
Really, is there no other topic for Bruce other than love songs?
How awesome would that be to ever listen to a TPT album about something a little more abstract?
But literally every single song I had in my list was about love.
Every single one of them.
What's wrong?
Maybe they should pay Wilson for some better content.
And note, this is nothing against Bruce's singing - it's gorgeous, he has a beautiful voice!
But really...love songs only?
Does he think he's Phil Collins?
Hell, I never ever wrote a love song on my own, the one that would come closest is Flight Of Dandelion from my upcoming 2nd album and that's rather about suicide and dehumanisation, even though I used some lesbian motifs and innuendos.
Love songs...BLECH :dead
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by DON.
The following user(s) said Thank You: epitome

Steven Wilson 4 years 8 months ago #127930

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Okay. Ancestral is now my favorite song off HCE

I've recently listened to every PT album up to Lightbulb sun. Here is my new ranking

1. Signify 9/10
2. Up The Downstair 9/10
3. Stupid Dream 8/10
4. Lightbulb Sun 8/10
5. The Sky Moves Sideways 7/10
6. On The Sunday of Life 6/10

Steven Wilson 4 years 7 months ago #127977

New Tim Bowness album is due in July. A fairly interesting bit of info about it on his website:

timbowness.co.uk/news/

And an unreleased no-man demo from 1994 sounds interesting too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DON

Steven Wilson 4 years 7 months ago #128013

• DON
  • Die
After some years off, I've been revisiting The Incident lately.
To put it simple, the main album is still the worst Wilson related release ever to me.
Everything sounds lazy, like heard before, the lyrics seem to go nowhere and all those randomly chopped off interludes...c'mon, we all know that he recycled unused demos for interludes.
However, I've fallen deeply in love with the bonus EP.
Those four songs sound like the were recorded by an entirely different band.
The do actually sound like Porcupine Tree and all of them are amazingly beautiful:
The lush psychedelic pop of Flicker, the dark goth rock of Bonnie The Cat (what an underrated heavy tune in PT's catalogue!), the fragile beauty of Black Orchid and, of course, their final long track Remember Me Lover, a compact version of epics like Russia On Ice.
The main album of The Incident should never have seen the light of day, they simply should have released the EP after Fear Of A Blank Planet (and Nil Recurring).
That EP would have been an appropriate ending to a band as great as Porcupine Tree.
They should have called it Remember Me Lover EP, as a gesture to the fans, and everyone would have been happy :)

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128016

I like The Incident, but I do agree that the bonus disc has stronger material than a lot of stuff on the main album.

I still think we'll get at least one more PT album though, so hopefully it'll be a masterpiece that we'll all be happy with and, as you say, a fitting ending for a great band. Course, ideally, I hope we get several more PT albums, but I think that's unlikely.

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128017

• DON
  • Die
I don't think SW will go back to PT ever again.
And I really don't care, as his music is more ambitious and creative than ever before by now.
I only wish he'd taken Richard Barbieri with him, as I sometimes miss on the man's unique synthesiser soundscapes :(
Not to replace Adam Holzman, but as an additional band member.

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128018

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
He said during an interview after Hand Cannot Erase was released that he thinks there will be at least one more PT album.

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128023

• DON
  • Die
How could I have ignored the insane beauty of this for so many years? This is heartbreaking...listen to this on a good system in a sad mood and it will break you.

Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by DON.

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128025

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Always knew that was a classic :james

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128026

My favourite song off that album :)

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128043

• DON
  • Die
Listening to random PT and SW songs tonite, I feel like I can finally admit that Wilson is definitely the best musician alive. :yay

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128047

SW/PT/No-Man/any other SW project has never been my album of the year.

But for the huge amount of SW stuff out there, the variety in it and the usually very high quality of it, I don't think there's any other musician that can really rival him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DON

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128050

• DON
  • Die
But after all this praise, here's

DON'S TOP 10 WORST OF SW/PT

1. Queen Quotes Crowley (On The Sunday Of Life)
2. I Drive The Hearse (The Incident)
3. Wastecoat (Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape)
4. Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eyes (Grace For Drowning)
5. Men Of Wood (The Sky Moves Sideways era outtake)
6. Futile (Deadwing era outtake)
7. Drawing The Line (The Incident)
8. The Blind House (The Incident)
9.Wedding Nails (In Absentia)
10. So-Called Friend (Deadwing era outtake)

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128052

• frankB
  • Die
  • Ghostface
Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson Linton Samuel Dawson

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128057

DON wrote:
But after all this praise, here's

DON'S TOP 10 WORST OF SW/PT

1. Queen Quotes Crowley (On The Sunday Of Life)
2. I Drive The Hearse (The Incident)
3. Wastecoat (Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape)
4. Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eyes (Grace For Drowning)
5. Men Of Wood (The Sky Moves Sideways era outtake)
6. Futile (Deadwing era outtake)
7. Drawing The Line (The Incident)
8. The Blind House (The Incident)
9.Wedding Nails (In Absentia)
10. So-Called Friend (Deadwing era outtake)

I Drive The Hearse?? :eek
Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye?? :eek
Futile?? :eek
Drawing The Line?? :eek :eek
The Blind House?? :eek
Wedding Nails?? :eek
So-Called Friend?? :eek

Also, Men of Wood is quite good too.

Also, you missed the one Frankie said, which has to be PT's worst song, surely.

I think my top 10 worst would all come from On The Sunday of Life and Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape. I'm really struggling to think of a PT/SW solo song that I don't like after those albums.

Steven Wilson 4 years 6 months ago #128152

You guys heard the new Tim Bowness song? I thought I'd linked it in here, but I guess not - been out for about a week now, on YouTube and stuff. Definitely one of his best solo songs, gives me hope for the new album.

Steven Wilson 4 years 5 months ago #128186

Right, well, here's the first new Timmy Time song:

And here's a second one:

I think they're two of his best solo songs so far - I think I even prefer the second one to the first one. Such a cool sound. Could almost fit on Adore :)

Oh, and I checked this out after the new Bowness song, as I'd been meaning to try something off this album since it came out - this is also really good - Don I think you'll love this:

Steven Wilson 4 years 3 months ago #128510

Going to be a Bruce Soord solo album in November. He says it sounds quite different to his usual stuff.

Steven Wilson 4 years 3 months ago #128517

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

No members online
Total: Members: 0 | Guests: 10 | Members List

Search